Objects go through each other at high velocity?

Cheese

Sep 20, 2011, 3:45:58 AM9/20/11
to jinn...@googlegroups.com
I created 2 boxes and applied default gravity to the top one, and it flies right through the bottom if I crank the scene time step up even a bit.

Is this expected?  Are high velocities not supported?  Is there currently no continuous collision detection?

mo

Sep 21, 2011, 3:54:51 AM9/21/11
to jinn...@googlegroups.com
Hi
No, there isn't continuous collision detection in jinngine, What size does the boxes have? What is the timestep size and is the initial velocities zero? Anyway, it is a common artefact. But from what you describe, it sounds like the boxes are initially at rest (in contact). So in principle, you wouldn't benefit from ccd in that case.

In case you're not already using it, try the "geometry_rework" branch, that has the newest changes.

Morten