DisplayedCalendar non present in CalendarTimeTextField

samir.ha...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2015, 2:19:38 PM4/9/15
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I saw that CalendarPicker has a "displayedCalendar" property that is very useful in order to show a certain range directly without selecting any values. And this feature is not available for the textfields, is there any reason?

Because in case the TextField is null, we show by default the current date. But it could be very useful to show something else just like the CalendarPicker.

If you think this could be a good idea, I'm ready to implement it. And by the way, what do you think of maybe create an abstractClass containing all the common properties of these DatePickers?

Because they all share the fact that they have at least a Locale, a Value (Calendar, LocalDate, LocalDateTime) and a valueValidationCallback.

And some more specific also have other properties in common like RangeCallBack , Mode, Formatter etc.

Thanks

tbeernot

Apr 9, 2015, 2:25:45 PM4/9/15
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
No, not really. So I'm open to changes that improve the controls. Please note that since these controls are in JFXtras, I require TestFX tests to prevent regression. And if you change in existing code, stick to the coding style that the author (being me :-) is using.

Tom

samir.ha...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2015, 3:08:29 PM4/10/15
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
Allright Tom!

So I think I will first introduce the "displayedCalendar" into the TextFields.

When it will be merged, I will try to implement an abstract class for the most common properties. And if it is merged, we can try to go one step further by having abstract classes more specific to avoid code duplication.

I will add tests if necessary depending on my changes and I will try to stick to your coding style. If I make some mistakes, don't hesitate to correct me in the PR.

Thanks!

tbeernot

Apr 10, 2015, 5:33:59 PM4/10/15
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good!

samir.ha...@gmail.com

May 19, 2015, 12:43:50 PM5/19/15
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
I have made the pull request with the changes :)