JFXtras API Documentation

HugoM

Jul 25, 2012, 12:27:23 PM7/25/12
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Where i can find the API Documentation of JFXtras? I searched everywere and i cannot find the API page.

Thanks!

Best regards!

Hugo

Daniel Mack

Nov 30, 2015, 1:45:37 AM11/30/15
to JFXtras Developers
there is no documentation ... jfxtras basically was dead from the beginning - which is also true for controlsfx. I think its best to avoid all of these libraries and write your own solutions, Oracle failed yet again in promoting JFX and thus it will walk the path of all mortal things

tbeernot

Nov 30, 2015, 1:51:41 AM11/30/15
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
Hello Daniel, Thank you for your kind and friendly opinion of all the free time my fellow members and myself put in JFXtras, I always appreciate when someone voices their gratitude.

As for Hugo's question: JFXtras API documentation is available on the jfxtras.org website, search on "javadoc" and you'll find several links. The latest javadoc can also be downloaded from the maven repo's where they are published next to the library itself and the sources.

Regards, Tom

Daniel Mack

Nov 30, 2015, 2:31:56 AM11/30/15
to JFXtras Developers
I dont think you know what "documentation" means .... javadoc doesnt document anything, it merely describes API functionality details - its the very last step after the documentation has been created and reviewed ... so ... yeah : you guys skipped the entire doc, there is no introduction / quickstart, no guides, no online examples ... have a look at the documentation for the spring project - THATS what "documentation" means.

tbeernot

Nov 30, 2015, 2:39:21 AM11/30/15
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
Hugo asked for the API documentation, not a getting started, but I did not realize you needed documentation on how to include a jar into a Java project. Luckily Google has information on that.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3280353/how-to-import-a-jar-in-eclipse

For the rest, each class has a description on how to use it, like, for example, agenda. But of course you knew that, because you read our documentation before voicing an opinion.
http://jfxtras.org/doc/8.0/jfxtras-agenda/index.html

Is the the perfect amount of documentation? No. There can always be more, it is a matter of choosing where to spent one's free time on. ControlsFX, which you kindly swipe under the same rug as JFXtras, has invested a lot of energy in their documentation, including a "getting started" which you apparently need so much. But you of course know this already, because you read that before voicing an opinion.
http://fxexperience.com/controlsfx/

But, out of pure curiosity... What is your open source contribution to the world?

Tom

Google

Nov 30, 2015, 3:10:58 AM11/30/15
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
Tom,

thanks for stepping up for the JFXtras development team and clarifying things. That's appreciated.

Cheers - Thomas

Daniel Mack

Nov 30, 2015, 4:23:27 AM11/30/15
to JFXtras Developers
cum hoc, ergo propter hoc
red herring
strawman

... and possibly a few more - thats basically master-trolling right there, yet again the internet proves to be filled with trolls and angry, angry people who like to project personal problems onto others.

samir.ha...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2015, 6:08:08 AM11/30/15
to JFXtras Developers
I think we have one big troll over here!

We don't need to feed, it, this topic can be closed IMHO.

Regards,
Sam'

Google

Nov 30, 2015, 7:08:32 AM11/30/15