Shatter node

Jiri Prajzner

Sep 26, 2013, 9:48:32 AM9/26/13
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I've just published JavaFX 8 Preview version of Shatter node on Github:
https://github.com/g0dd4rd/Shatter

This node is supposed to take a graphics primitive, text or image and shatter it into pieces. I see its fit in games (unless you want to shatter GUIs ;) )
Shatter node currently supports Rectangle, Circle, Text and ImageView nodes. You can set to how many pieces will the node fall out into and if the pieces should rotate by random angle or full 360 degrees. Here's a video of older version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7d1SR9_A3M

If the team likes it, I'd add this to JFXtras lab. It's still work in progress.

Regards, Jiri "George" Prajzner

Tom

Sep 26, 2013, 10:15:26 AM9/26/13
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
An interesting node indeed; not to be treated lightly, 'cause it may break things <yes, that was not funny, I know>

It would be an interesting addition to the labs project. You don't have committer rights, I assume?

Tom

Jiri Prajzner

Sep 26, 2013, 10:28:24 AM9/26/13
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,

I agree it's dangerous :) Any comments on the code etc. are welcomed.
I don't have committer rights as far as I know.

George

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Tom <tbee...@gmail.com> wrote:
An interesting node indeed; not to be treated lightly, 'cause it may break things <yes, that was not funny, I know>

It would be an interesting addition to the labs project. You don't have committer rights, I assume?

Tom

Peter Pilgrim

Sep 26, 2013, 2:56:21 PM9/26/13
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
Didn't I write JavaFX shatter glass video demo for JavaOne 2011? Jiri,
yours looks very good on YouTube and more general purpose.
>>> email to jfxtras-dev...@googlegroups.com.
>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/jfxtras-dev.
>>

>> --
>

> --

Peter Pilgrim,
**Java Champion**,
Java EE Software Development / Design / Architect for `BlueChip'
enterprises, London, UK

Author of ``The Java EE 7 Developer Handbook'' to be published by
Packt Pub (September 2013)

JavaFX ++ Scala ++ Groovy ++ Android ++ Java

:: http://www.xenonique.co.uk/blog/ ::
:: http://twitter.com/peter_pilgrim ::
:: http://java-champions.java.net/ ::
:: Skype Call peter_pilgrim ::
:: http://audio.fm/profile/peter_pilgrim ::

Jiri Prajzner

Sep 27, 2013, 4:55:21 AM9/27/13
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

I didn't know that! :) I had to miss it somehow even though I'm checking the presentations after the J1 each year.
I've found your presentation on Parleys and I have to say I like your approach of dividing the surface. It definitely looks more realistic than mine :)

Jiri

Jiri Prajzner

Nov 4, 2013, 5:49:34 AM11/4/13
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

can you please grant me the committer rights?
In case anyone has suggestions or something I should do to make the code more safe, please don't hesitate to share it with me.

Regards, Jiri

tbeernot

Nov 4, 2013, 6:03:50 AM11/4/13
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
Have you signed the release statement?

Tom

Jiri Prajzner

Nov 4, 2013, 6:15:45 AM11/4/13
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen and Tom,

my github user id is g0dd4rd and the repo is here: https://github.com/g0dd4rd/Shatter
I haven't signed the release statement yet. Where can I find it please?

Regards, Jiri

Stephen Chin

Nov 4, 2013, 6:17:12 AM11/4/13
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
Here is a link:
http://steveonjava.com/jfxtras/jfxtras-individual-cla-v1-0/

I'll set you up in GitHub as soon as I see it come through.

Cheers,
--Steve

Jiri Prajzner

Nov 4, 2013, 9:58:13 AM11/4/13
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Steve.
I'm waiting for approval from my employer.

Regards, George

Jiri Prajzner

Nov 17, 2013, 4:25:50 PM11/17/13
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
hi,

i got the approval and signed the release statement with god...@seznam.cz e-mail

Regards, George

tbeernot

Nov 21, 2013, 12:54:14 AM11/21/13
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
Stephen is not responding? Or did you guys go private?

Jiri Prajzner

Nov 21, 2013, 4:13:59 AM11/21/13
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I guess he's busy with Nighthacking tour, so no reply here or privately.

Regards, JP

Stephen Chin

Nov 21, 2013, 7:20:37 PM11/21/13
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, was busy…  you are good on the CLA, Jiri.  (you should have gotten the e-mail as well, Tom -- will forward you a copy so you can double check)

Cheers,
--Steve
Cheers,
--Steve
blog: http://steveonjava.com

tbeernot

Nov 22, 2013, 12:57:35 AM11/22/13
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
That is why I checked; didn't get one.

Tom

Jiri Prajzner

Feb 9, 2014, 10:41:36 AM2/9/14
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
Haven't got it too.
I suppose it's ok given what Steve said.
How / where can I commit the code? Or will you fork / pull it from my GutHub repo?

JP