kriah ribbons

Klapper, David G.

Oct 1, 2015, 7:35:29 AM10/1/15
to jewish-...@googlegroups.com
I've been in contact with several funeral homes about something 'odd' in the world of kriah ribbons.  We have, for many years, had access to a 'button' kriah ribbon where the button is about 3/4 of in inch in diameter.  Apparently, these ribbons are no longer available - they've been replaced nationwide with a button ribbon almost an inch and a quarter in diameter.  The metal parts make noise and, when wearing the ribbon, the mourner looks like he/she has won a prize at the county fair!  Unacceptable at every level - I know that some have taken to making their own, simple kriah ribbons by inserting a pin in a piece of cut, black ribbon.  That works, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a commercial supplier of the smaller button ribbons that our community has used for many years.....or why they seem to have disappeared.
Thanks.

David Klapper
Chair, Beth El Chevra Kadisha
Durham, North Carolina

Lawrence, Leonard

Oct 1, 2015, 6:29:19 PM10/1/15
to jewish-...@googlegroups.com

We buy ribbons from Rose Solomon. See the photo attached for size.

Contact is Solomon at

Work: 718-855-1788

Cell   : 718-781-6188

They are about $60 a gross.