Smartfox Server to JetServer/Nadron

Nick

Mar 17, 2017, 9:02:15 PM3/17/17
to jetserver
Hi there,

We have a realtime multiplayer action game that runs very well on Smartfox Server 2X, in full binary UDP, but since it's closed source we're looking for other Java (Netty) based game server solutions. Is Jetserver still being developed? Do you have user load tests?

Definitely interested in checking it out. Any advice?

Thank you!

abraham menacherry

Mar 18, 2017, 1:07:20 AM3/18/17
to jets...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nick,

The unit tests on Nadron do some micro load testing. The following client has sessions numbered at 50, however you are free to increase that number/spin up more processes to do a load test.

The development of nadron is limited to fixing bugs, moving up some library versions and such, since I have been a bit busy. Obviously it would not have the same level of support of a commercial tool like smartfox. In my experience people use nadron in two ways, 1 as it is and building on top of it and 2, they use it as a reference architecture to build out their own with mostly the same libraries(netty etc).

Thanks,
Abraham.

Nick

Mar 18, 2017, 1:32:04 PM3/18/17
to jetserver
Hi Abraham,

Appreciate the quick reply. Your response is exactly what I expected, which is great. We're investigating building something on top of your extension of Netty or using it as *inspiration*.

Thanks!