How to run ant tests?

Rajat Jain

Aug 24, 2015, 9:06:24 PM8/24/15
to JetS3t Users
I tried the following against the release tag Release-0.9.3.

Copied configs/test.properties and added my AWS credentials. Ran

$ ant clean package tests

All tests failed with ClassNotFoundException:

$ cat TEST-org.jets3t.service.TestAWSRequestSignatureVersion4.txt
Testsuite: org.jets3t.service.TestAWSRequestSignatureVersion4
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0 sec

Caused an ERROR
org.jets3t.service.TestAWSRequestSignatureVersion4
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jets3t.service.TestAWSRequestSignatureVersion4
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)

Any ideas how to run these tests?

Thanks,
Rajat

James Murty

Aug 24, 2015, 10:16:49 PM8/24/15
to jets3t...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm not sure what's going wrong with the ANT tests to be honest. It looks like the class path is not being constructed properly for the tests, but the build script hasn't changed in years and years and it used to work...

That said, I don't run the ANT tests anyway as they always ran many times slower than when I ran them within Eclipse, so this might have been broken for a while and I wouldn't have noticed.

I would recommend running the tests using Maven with `mvn test` or setting up an IDE.

If you are able to debug and fix the ANT test rule that would be great, but frankly the whole ANT setup is deprecated and hardly used so you might be fighting a losing battle.

Good luck!
James

Rajat Jain

Aug 24, 2015, 11:17:39 PM8/24/15
to jets3t...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I didn't realize there was a pom.xml in 0.9.x. This works fine. Thanks.