Ves al primer missatge no llegit

dfl

no llegida,
10 de gen. 2012, 17:36:5310/1/12
a jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm completely new to Jenkins and just tried to download and install it using the instructions found here:

https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Installing+Jenkins
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Tomcat

In particular, I just deployed the war file as ROOT.war to a clean Tomcat install with no other apps installed. The JENKINS_HOME is set to /usr/local/jenkins.

Upon startup it is complaining about slf4j dependencies. It appears Guice requires it. Then I go to http://localhost:8080/ and it shows the stack trace. So what am I supposed to do to be able to start it?

Environment:
Ubuntu 10.10
Tomcat 7.0.22
Java IBM 1.7.0

dfl

no llegida,
11 de gen. 2012, 10:30:1311/1/12
a jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Like I said there are a lot of slf4j errors but I noticed those jar files are contained in the expanded war file. Parts of the stack trace are also like below. So maybe this sshd.init thing is the root of the problem.

Jan 11, 2012 10:26:50 AM jenkins.InitReactorRunner$1 onTaskFailed
SEVERE: Failed SSHD.init
java.lang.Error: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at hudson.init.InitializerFinder.invoke(InitializerFinder.java:124)
    at hudson.init.InitializerFinder$TaskImpl.run(InitializerFinder.java:184)
    at org.jvnet.hudson.reactor.Reactor.runTask(Reactor.java:259)
    at jenkins.model.Jenkins$5.runTask(Jenkins.java:800)
    at org.jvnet.hudson.reactor.Reactor$2.run(Reactor.java:187)
    at org.jvnet.hudson.reactor.Reactor$Node.run(Reactor.java:94)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1121)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:614)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:769)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:88)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:55)
    at hudson.init.InitializerFinder.invoke(InitializerFinder.java:120)
    ... 8 more
    at org.jenkinsci.main.modules.sshd.SSHD.init(SSHD.java:133)
    ... 13 more

dfl

no llegida,
11 de gen. 2012, 12:19:3111/1/12
a jenkins...@googlegroups.com
OK, well I switched to the LTS release 1.424.2 and that seems to start up at least.

I'm getting the sense that what's marked as the "latest and greatest" release on the website is actually more like a nightly build, as strange as that seems. I glanced at the bug list (https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa) and there are over 100 open blockers.....But I still don't get how 1.447 could be considered a "release" if it doesn't even run, lol.

Sami Tikka

no llegida,
14 de gen. 2012, 9:57:2414/1/12
a jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Strangely enough, it does run for me, both at home and at work.

Could you try the Sun JDK 1.6? I think that is what I use at work and
it has never had any problems.

Jenkins, like many other open-source projects, does not have a massive
QA organization ensuring bug-free releases on all supported platforms.

There are several businesses (Cloudbees, Oracle) that are happy to
sell you a better tested and supported version.

Like with any open-source, you get what you pay for. But if you
contribute, even by reporting bugs, that is all for the greater good.

-- Sami

2012/1/11 dfl <dla...@gmail.com>:

Les Mikesell

no llegida,
14 de gen. 2012, 11:32:2214/1/12
a jenkins...@googlegroups.com

You'll probably have less trouble if you run the version packaged for
your linux distro that runs standalone under winstone on the disto's
stock JVM. At least if that doesn't run someone else will notice
immediately. And you won't have trouble if your distro package wants
to update the stock tomcat root app.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmi...@gmail.com

Hendy Irawan

no llegida,
30 de des. 2012, 6:12:0530/12/12
a jenkins...@googlegroups.com
For me, upgrading from Jenkins 1.475 to Jenkins 1.495 solved the problem

My environment:
- Linux Mint 14 KDE (based on Ubuntu quantal 12.10), 64-bit

ceefour@annafi:~$ uname -a
Linux annafi.dev 3.5.0-21-generic #32-Ubuntu SMP Tue Dec 11 18:51:59 UTC
2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
ceefour@annafi:~$ java -version
java version "1.7.0_09"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea7 2.3.3) (7u9-2.3.3-0ubuntu1~12.10.1)

Hendy

Respon a tots
Respon a l'autor
Reenvia