Jenkins slave with java.io.EOFException

Stefan Strobel

Nov 4, 2013, 2:53:00 AM11/4/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi experts,

I want to achieve a simple master-slave configuration with Jenkins. On my local machine, everything worked like a charm and now I wanted to set it up on my client's machine.
But there, I get an End of File Exception in catalina.out after 60 seconds. This is the full stack trace:

java.io.EOFException

        at java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:180)

        at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:592)

        at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:547)

        at hudson.TcpSlaveAgentListener$ConnectionHandler.run(TcpSlaveAgentListener.java:148)

Has anyone got this before, or can someone please give me a hint what I'm doing wrong here? What could be the reason? Many thanks!

Cheers
Stefan