Jenkins failed to Connect Bonobo Git Repository

Munira Presswala

May 18, 2016, 3:11:31 AM5/18/16
to Jenkins Users
Basically we are in transition to take over client's vendor project .And we recieve following error when Client's vendor push his code to Git , and jenkins fail to connect to Repository .

Started by user anonymous

[EnvInject] - Loading node environment variables.

Building in workspace C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\BWorkspace

Cloning the remote Git repository

Cloning repository http://frntraltdvm37.devaltair.edc.publicisgroupe.net/Bonobo.Git.Server/Repository/WebUI_PG

 > git.exe init
C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\BWorkspace # timeout=10

ERROR: Error cloning remote repo 'origin'

hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Could not init C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\BWorkspace

        at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl$5.execute(CliGitAPIImpl.java:656)

        at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl$2.execute(CliGitAPIImpl.java:463)

        at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.retrieveChanges(GitSCM.java:1057)

        at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.checkout(GitSCM.java:1097)

        at hudson.scm.SCM.checkout(SCM.java:485)

        at hudson.model.AbstractProject.checkout(AbstractProject.java:1269)

        at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.defaultCheckout(AbstractBuild.java:607)

        at jenkins.scm.SCMCheckoutStrategy.checkout(SCMCheckoutStrategy.java:86)

        at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.run(AbstractBuild.java:529)

        at com.tikal.jenkins.plugins.multijob.MultiJobBuild$MultiJobRunnerImpl.run(MultiJobBuild.java:134)

        at hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1738)

        at com.tikal.jenkins.plugins.multijob.MultiJobBuild.run(MultiJobBuild.java:73)

        at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:98)

        at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:410)

Caused by: hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Error performing command: git.exe init C:\Program Files
(x86)\Jenkins\BWorkspace

        at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1726)

        at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1695)

        at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1691)

        at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommand(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1321)

        at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl$5.execute(CliGitAPIImpl.java:654)

        ... 13 more

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program
"git.exe" (in directory "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Jenkins\BWorkspace"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find
the file specified

        at
java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)

        at
hudson.Proc$LocalProc.<init>(Proc.java:244)

        at
hudson.Proc$LocalProc.<init>(Proc.java:216)

        at
hudson.Launcher$LocalLauncher.launch(Launcher.java:815)

        at
hudson.Launcher$ProcStarter.start(Launcher.java:381)

        at
org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1715)

        ... 17 more

Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The
system cannot find the file specified

        at
java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)

        at
java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)

        at
java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source)

        ... 23 more

ERROR: null

Please find attached screen shots of configure Page , where we see Jenkins failed to connect to Git .

missing_jdk_jenkins.png
Git_repository_exception_jenkins.png

Munira Presswala

May 18, 2016, 3:13:16 AM5/18/16
to Jenkins Users
hi Users ,

I also has a few questions in this regard.

what is the reason behind this exception ?

Baptiste Mathus

May 18, 2016, 11:58:35 AM5/18/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Seems like Git is probably just not in the PATH.

> used by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program
"git.exe" (in directory "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Jenkins\BWorkspace"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find
the file specified

Mark Waite

May 18, 2016, 12:44:42 PM5/18/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Baptiste is correct.  The message says that git cannot be found.  Each slave (including master) can have a "tool location" specified for the git executable.  That is done in the configuration page for the slave (or the master).

Typically on Windows machines that is "C:\Program Files\Git\bin\git.exe".

Alternately, they can define the PATH environment variable on the Windows computer to already include PATH.  With git, that may have the side effect of changing other behaviors on the computer.  The msys git installer and documentation provides good descriptions of the alternatives and their impact.

Mark Waite

Munira Presswala

May 19, 2016, 4:01:37 AM5/19/16
to Jenkins Users
what could the typical cause of this Issue .Because I have configured Git with install Automatically . And I and my client's vendor were able to successfully push the code in Git and Jenkins auto Build used to ran correclty .Please suggest me the possible cause of this issue.