Parallel Deployment+ Tomcat 7.x + Grails 2.2.x

AdoTedo

Mar 21, 2013, 2:41:57 AM3/21/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi I'll be concise, sorry.
I know there was a similar issue bug n.13855, but it seems not to be fixed in my environment.
Jenkins 1.506
Tomcat 7.0.35
Grails 2.2.1

If I deploy a normal war everything works fine, if I deploy a with a parallel deployment (name##version_number.war) it fails, even if then the file itself is correctly deployed.
It seems the system doesn't recognise the sub version. At the bottom you see "/Lumen//0718", I don't know if it's the double slash.
Thanks for any good advice

AdoTedo

Here the log:
Deploying /home/tomcat/.jenkins/jobs/Lumen-CI/workspace/target/Lumen##0718.war to container Tomcat 7.x Remote
  [/home/tomcat/.jenkins/jobs/Lumen-CI/workspace/target/Lumen##0718.war] is not deployed. Doing a fresh deployment.
  Deploying [/home/tomcat/.jenkins/jobs/Lumen-CI/workspace/target/Lumen##0718.war]
ERROR: Publisher hudson.plugins.deploy.DeployPublisher aborted due to exception
org.codehaus.cargo.container.ContainerException: Failed to deploy [/home/tomcat/.jenkins/jobs/Lumen-CI/workspace/target/Lumen##0718.war]
    at org.codehaus.cargo.container.tomcat.internal.AbstractTomcatManagerDeployer.deploy(AbstractTomcatManagerDeployer.java:111)
    at org.codehaus.cargo.container.tomcat.internal.AbstractTomcatManagerDeployer.redeploy(AbstractTomcatManagerDeployer.java:187)
    at hudson.plugins.deploy.CargoContainerAdapter.deploy(CargoContainerAdapter.java:64)
    at hudson.plugins.deploy.CargoContainerAdapter$1.invoke(CargoContainerAdapter.java:90)
    at hudson.plugins.deploy.CargoContainerAdapter$1.invoke(CargoContainerAdapter.java:77)
    at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:865)
    at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:838)
    at hudson.plugins.deploy.CargoContainerAdapter.redeploy(CargoContainerAdapter.java:77)
    at hudson.plugins.deploy.DeployPublisher.perform(DeployPublisher.java:47)
    at hudson.tasks.BuildStepMonitor$3.perform(BuildStepMonitor.java:36)
    at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.perform(AbstractBuild.java:820)
    at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.performAllBuildSteps(AbstractBuild.java:792)
    at hudson.model.Build$BuildExecution.post2(Build.java:183)
    at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.post(AbstractBuild.java:739)
    at hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1592)
    at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:46)
    at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:88)
    at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:237)
Caused by: org.codehaus.cargo.container.tomcat.internal.TomcatManagerException: FAIL - Failed to deploy application at context path /Lumen//0718

AdoTedo

Mar 21, 2013, 10:17:47 AM3/21/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys, I'm me again.
In my previous post I said that the deploy at the end works even with failure, but  unfortunately it's not true. It has problems.
If I deploy the war without ##version everything works fine, if I deploy it manually, compile, move the war and so on it works even it's in version format.
The problem seems that jenkis doesn't like parallel deploy. Any clue?

thanks a lot

AdoTedo

Mar 25, 2013, 1:55:52 PM3/25/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Hi guys,
a quick update. Now the war deploy works fine, I missed a library, but the parallel deployment still doesn't work. so if the war and ##version, it failed, otherwise it goes fine.
I guess it's for the double slash below:
Caused by: org.codehaus.cargo.container.
tomcat.internal.TomcatManagerException: FAIL - Failed to deploy application at context path /Lumen//0718

Anyone has tried before? any clue how to fix it?

thanks a lot

AdoTedo