Pipeline Editor Shows only If it is a GitHub repository

Zied Yaich

Jul 20, 2017, 8:54:41 AM7/20/17
to Jenkins Users
Hello

I have been working with jenkins for a very short period, so my question may be a bit basic, but I can't find an answer for it, so I will appreciate it if you guys help me  understand.

I'm integrating Blue Ocean plugin and trying to re-do my company projects with the  pipeline editor, whenever I run a project from GitHub, everything is just fine, otherwise when I take a project from BitBucket or GitLab It seems that the Pipeline editor it's not supported in those private platforms.

I've tried to run the same project from GitHub and BitBucket, and I can't find the pipeline Editor Button.
Is this some kind of bugs or this is meant to be this way. In either way can you help me to better understand !

Thanks in advance
Cordially..

Cliff Meyers

Jul 24, 2017, 11:43:37 AM7/24/17
to Jenkins Users List
The Editor currently only supports GitHub-based pipelines as you point out. There is work currently being done to enable it for regular Git repositories. You can watch this JIRA ticket for updates:

Best,
Cliff