Performance graphs causing "Could not initialize class org.jfree.chart.JFreeChart" exceptions

Ángel Galindo Muñoz

Feb 17, 2014, 5:52:51 PM2/17/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
  Hi,

  When Jenkins tries to generate the Performance Trends graphs there launches several exceptions always with root cause: "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.jfree.chart.JFreeChart"

  This is what I did:
  • desployed Jenkins , tried with v1.532.2 (stable) and v1.539-SNAPSHOT
    • didn't configured security
    • just set paths to my JDK (oracle's jdk1.7.0_51), MAVEN (3.1.1) and GIT (1.8.1.2)
  • enabled these plugins:
    • Checkstyle v3.39

    • Jenkins Cobertura v1.9.3

    • FindBugs v4.51

    • Warnings v4.39

    • PMD v3.38

    • Performance v.1.10

    • Jenkins Git client v1.6.2
    • Jenkins Git 2.0.1

  Then I created a project which successfully creates a JMeter report file from my Java webapp using the plugin jmeter-maven-plugin v1.9.0, but there doesn't appear the Performance Trend graphs on the project's page. Jenkins gathers the results, it can show me the values, but can't show me the graphs. There launches several Exceptions always with root cause: "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.jfree.chart.JFreeChart" . Here you will find a complete StackTrace: http://pastebin.com/uhiNR7XD

  Can you help me, please?
  Thanks in advance!

/ Angel

Baptiste Mathus

Feb 18, 2014, 1:22:03 AM2/18/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Send like this is actually the same stack trace again and again, buy possibly the root cause was mangled at some point.

A small guess: does the slave generating the graph you want have an X Server/GUI? Can you try running the Jenkins instance(s) with " -Djava.awt.headless=true"?

Cheers

Ángel Galindo Muñoz

Feb 18, 2014, 1:40:35 AM2/18/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, bma...@batmat.net
You've got it! Thanks a lot!

I just added this
CATALINA_OPTS=-Djava.awt.headless=true
to my /opt/tomcat/bin/catalina.sh and now I can enjoy with my performance trends :)
Thanks a gain, cheers from Barcelona.

/ Angel