Git polling - java errors

Curtis Kline

Dec 17, 2013, 3:47:58 PM12/17/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
We're using Git plugin 1.5.0 on Jenkins 1.509.4. We have several Maven jobs, and on a new one we set up in the past few days we are seeing some strange errors in the Git polling log. Much of the time the Git polling works fine, but several times per day we get this error (see below). Afterwards, it seems like Git polling doesn't happen again for much longer than the 20 minute interval it's configured for.

The master and the two slaves this job is tied to are running Linux. The "mavenHome" path mentioned in the error message is valid on the master, but not on the slaves where this job is actually running (the slave has a significantly different directory structure than the master).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Curtis

Here's the error message:

Started on Dec 17, 2013 10:41:48 AM
Using strategy: Default
[poll] Last Built Revision: Revision 746a11c7cd9ce666d9bd1d8b00edf185db078530 (origin/master)
ERROR: Failed to record SCM polling for hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet@40180fb0[Web_Web]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to determine Maven version
	at org.jfrog.hudson.maven3.extractor.MavenExtractorEnvironment.isMavenVersionValid(MavenExtractorEnvironment.java:157)
	at org.jfrog.hudson.maven3.extractor.MavenExtractorEnvironment.buildEnvVars(MavenExtractorEnvironment.java:110)
	at hudson.model.AbstractBuild.getEnvironment(AbstractBuild.java:918)
	at hudson.maven.AbstractMavenBuild.getEnvironment(AbstractMavenBuild.java:59)
	at hudson.maven.MavenModuleSetBuild.getEnvironment(MavenModuleSetBuild.java:165)
	at hudson.model.Run.getEnvironment(Run.java:2068)
	at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.compareRemoteRevisionWithImpl(GitSCM.java:649)
	at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.compareRemoteRevisionWith(GitSCM.java:626)
	at hudson.scm.SCM._compareRemoteRevisionWith(SCM.java:356)
	at hudson.scm.SCM.poll(SCM.java:373)
	at hudson.model.AbstractProject.pollWithWorkspace(AbstractProject.java:1549)
	at hudson.model.AbstractProject._poll(AbstractProject.java:1521)
	at hudson.model.AbstractProject.poll(AbstractProject.java:1455)
	at hudson.triggers.SCMTrigger$Runner.runPolling(SCMTrigger.java:439)
	at hudson.triggers.SCMTrigger$Runner.run(SCMTrigger.java:468)
	at hudson.util.SequentialExecutionQueue$QueueEntry.run(SequentialExecutionQueue.java:118)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:439)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: mavenHome '/usr/share/tomcat6/.jenkins/tools/hudson.tasks.Maven_MavenInstallation/maven3' doesn't seem to exist on this node (or you don't have sufficient rights to access it)
	at hudson.maven.MavenEmbedderUtils.buildClassRealm(MavenEmbedderUtils.java:76)
	at hudson.maven.MavenEmbedderUtils.getMavenVersion(MavenEmbedderUtils.java:188)
	at hudson.maven.MavenEmbedderUtils.isAtLeastMavenVersion(MavenEmbedderUtils.java:215)
	at org.jfrog.hudson.maven3.MavenVersionCallable.call(MavenVersionCallable.java:45)
	at org.jfrog.hudson.maven3.MavenVersionCallable.call(MavenVersionCallable.java:33)
	at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:118)
	at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:48)
	at hudson.remoting.Request$2.run(Request.java:326)
	at hudson.remoting.InterceptingExecutorService$1.call(InterceptingExecutorService.java:72)
	... 5 more

Daniel Beck

Dec 17, 2013, 4:05:20 PM12/17/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
In the slaves' configuration, check 'Tool Locations' and define the paths to Maven on the slaves for the Maven versions you've configured in the jobs.

Curtis Kline

Dec 17, 2013, 6:19:06 PM12/17/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Daniel. I was hopeful that would help, although I do have other Maven projects on the same slave that are not having any problems with Git polling. I entered the correct tool location for Maven's installation on the slave, but I am still getting exactly the same errors on occasional Git polls.

Any other thoughts?

Curtis