Connection refused - Can not update plugins from own plugin mirror since 1.430

cforce

Oct 17, 2011, 9:01:59 AM10/17/11
to jenkinsci-users
We can't use plugins update site from our jenkins server, because direct internet access is not allowed in enterprise.
So we do a mirror of https://updates.jenkins-ci.org/download/ on  a local webserver and configured the url to "our version" of "http://ourserver.org/jenkins-update/update-center.json" in Update Center our jenkis server.
"Our version" of update-center.json is the original file from updates.jenkins-ci.org but we searched and replaced all "https://updates.jenkins-ci.org/download/plugins/" strings with "http://ourserver.org/jenkins-update/plugins/". This way the plugins downloadlinks points to our server.
Connection tests from web gui from our jekins server's web browser as any other intranet machines browser works well and we see all new versions of our installed plugins correctly on the update list in update center of the web page.
When we select checkbox of any plugin (Greenballs - http://ourserver.org/jenkins-update/plugins/greenballs/1.11/greenballs.hpi) in the update site and click "Install " button we get a connection error since  version 1.433. Before that version it worked. Something must have changed.

Installiere Plugins/Aktualisierungen

Vorbereitung
  • Checking internet connectivity
  • Checking update center connectivity
  • Success
Green Balls
 Fehlgeschlagen -
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$6.run(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getChainedException(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
	at hudson.model.UpdateCenter$UpdateCenterConfiguration.download(UpdateCenter.java:624)
	at hudson.model.UpdateCenter$DownloadJob._run(UpdateCenter.java:967)
	at hudson.model.UpdateCenter$InstallationJob._run(UpdateCenter.java:1075)
	at hudson.model.UpdateCenter$DownloadJob.run(UpdateCenter.java:949)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
	at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getHeaderField(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URLConnection.getHeaderFieldInt(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URLConnection.getContentLength(Unknown Source)
	at hudson.model.UpdateCenter$UpdateCenterConfiguration.download(UpdateCenter.java:623)
	... 9 more

The connection between our jenkins server and the apache web server mirror with the plugins is open .. no firewall .. we tested that.
We have no idea what the cause is.

Tx for helping out.

Phani

Feb 1, 2012, 6:55:40 AM2/1/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I am also facing the issue..any resolution??