Docker plugin - slave status is connection refused

Maneesh M P

Mar 1, 2015, 12:37:01 AM3/1/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

   I am getting an SSH connection timed out issue with docker plugin. i am using docker plugin verision 0.7 and jenkins version 1.565.2
   Can anyone helping to figure out what is going on wrong ?

[02/28/15 21:31:03] [SSH] Opening SSH connection to 54.72.187.35:52576.
Connection refused
SSH Connection failed with IOException: "Connection refused".
java.io.IOException: There was a problem while connecting to 54.72.187.35:52576
at com.trilead.ssh2.Connection.connect(Connection.java:818) at com.trilead.ssh2.Connection.connect(Connection.java:687) at com.trilead.ssh2.Connection.connect(Connection.java:587) at hudson.plugins.sshslaves.SSHLauncher.openConnection(SSHLauncher.java:1146) at hudson.plugins.sshslaves.SSHLauncher$2.call(SSHLauncher.java:701) at hudson.plugins.sshslaves.SSHLauncher$2.call(SSHLauncher.java:696) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679) Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:327) at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:193) at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:180) at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:385) at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:546) at com.trilead.ssh2.transport.TransportManager.establishConnection(TransportManager.java:346) at com.trilead.ssh2.transport.TransportManager.initialize(TransportManager.java:459) at com.trilead.ssh2.Connection.connect(Connection.java:758) ... 10 more

Thanks,
Maneesh

Jānis Balodis

Apr 16, 2015, 5:13:58 AM4/16/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've experienced a similar behaviour, but with docker plugin v 0.8 and Jenkins starting from version 1.606 till 1.609. If with 1.606 it is still possible to run builds, even though sometimes agents failed to start, 1.609 was impossible to use and I rolled back to 1.605. And this behaviour reproduces also on a test environment where Jenkins ran on Tomcat.
Platform used OpenSuse 13.2, docker 1.5.0. I did not find any differences in config files while switching version that could affect this, but v 1.606 had fixes in slave/master communication.

Since I was unable to find any network issues, I'm out of ideas on how to debug this issue.

Regards,
Janis

Nigel Magnay

Apr 16, 2015, 5:28:42 AM4/16/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
You could try the beta-1 version in the experimental jenkins update centre - though the error there looks like a connection failure.

Jānis Balodis

Apr 16, 2015, 5:37:37 AM4/16/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
If you are referring to docker plugin then tried that too, last week though...

Jānis Balodis

Apr 16, 2015, 10:16:36 AM4/16/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Further more, the first build after Jenkins master restart works fine (Docker node is started and build completed). After that nodes are spawned, I can see that sshd is up, but jenkins slave is not launched.

I can connect to a running instance via ssh by the given address and port. It all works. If I'll click on "Launch slave agent" on a node that initially failed to start, it will launch.

Regards,
Janis

Jānis Balodis

Apr 22, 2015, 11:32:18 AM4/22/15