Jenkins organization project won't build a branch that was orphaned / removed after the branch has been restored

Troy Martin

Jan 19, 2018, 5:45:33 PM1/19/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

We have a Jenkins organization project that tracks our company's private repositories. Each git branch has a Jenkinsfile at the root of the repo. One of the branches, development, was accidentally deleted and then put back. Jenkins saw the delete as an orphaned branch and removed it:

Evaluating orphaned items in OrganizationName » repository-name
Will remove development
Finished: SUCCESS

Jenkins will no longer build the branch even though it receives the webhook event when the branch is updated. It's ignoring it. I ran an organization scan and it says

Checking branch development

but takes no action on it. There's no

‘Jenkinsfile’ not found Does not meet criteria

associated with it or any other feedback in the log. It just says 'checking' and moves on. I verified the Jenkinsfile exists.

Any idea how I can get Jenkins to start building the branch

Thanks!

Troy

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.