email-ext plugin issue

Raymond Zhang

Jun 19, 2018, 4:11:42 AM6/19/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I want to configure a pipeline for it to report failing through email notification. But I didn't see a  checkbox labeled "Editable Email Notification" in the  "Post-build Actions" section mentioned in the doc.

Denis Mone

Jun 19, 2018, 4:51:33 AM6/19/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
If you have a pipeline job then you need to configure your email notification inside the script not on the UI configuration.
If you are using Jenkinsfile then on a post >> failure block you can send the email

pipeline {
  //...
  post {
    failure {
      // send email here
    }
  }
}
You can see the official plugin site on how to use it