Need a Jenkins consultant

Dan Freeman

Dec 6, 2013, 8:51:40 AM12/6/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We have an instance of Jenkins and we lost our onsite Jenkins expert.  The server Jenkins is on crashed, and once we brought the server back up we cannot get Jenkins running again.  Should be relatively simple for someone who knows what they are doing.  Would like to hire a consultant willing to work remotely to solve the problem.

Thanks,

Dan

alok kumar

Dec 6, 2013, 9:19:08 AM12/6/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,
I would be more than happy to help you.
Please let me know if you need my help.

Thanks,
Alok

Steven Deal

Dec 6, 2013, 11:04:39 AM12/6/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Dan,
Not to stymie capitalism, if you give the group a little more to go on and/or post the output of Jenkins when you try to start it up, many folks on this group will gladly help.
-steven

Dan Freeman

Dec 6, 2013, 12:39:55 PM12/6/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the request...here is the output of the server when attempting to go to the jenkins web address...

Status Code: 500

Exception: Filter [csrf-filter]: filter is unavailable.
Stacktrace:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Filter [csrf-filter]: filter is unavailable.
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:231)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:116)
	at hudson.security.HudsonFilter.doFilter(HudsonFilter.java:162)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:188)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:116)
	at org.kohsuke.stapler.compression.CompressionFilter.doFilter(CompressionFilter.java:50)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:188)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:116)
	at hudson.util.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:81)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:188)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:116)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:77)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:908)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:934)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:502)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapperImpl.handleRequest(ServletWrapperImpl.java:181)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.CacheServletWrapper.handleRequest(CacheServletWrapper.java:91)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:864)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WSWebContainer.handleRequest(WSWebContainer.java:1592)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:186)
	at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:452)
	at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:511)
	at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.processRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:305)
	at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.ready(HttpInboundLink.java:276)
	at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.sendToDiscriminators(NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.java:214)
	at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.complete(NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.java:113)
	at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:165)
	at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217)
	at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture$1.run(AsyncChannelFuture.java:205)
	at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1613)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jenkins.model.Jenkins (initialization failure)
	at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:140)
	at hudson.security.csrf.CrumbFilter.getCrumbIssuer(CrumbFilter.java:37)
	at hudson.security.csrf.CrumbFilter.doFilter(CrumbFilter.java:46)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:188)
	... 29 more

Generated by Stapler at Fri Dec 06 17:38:21 GMT 2013

Steven Deal

Dec 6, 2013, 12:49:13 PM12/6/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Looks like you are running Jenkins inside WebSphere. You will need to look at /copy/paste the WebSphere logs as it tries to deploy the jenkins war file.

Dan Freeman

Dec 8, 2013, 9:00:31 AM12/8/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Steven.  Looking at the SystemOut and SystemErr WebSphere log files does not show anything with regard to Jenkins.  Are there some specific files other than that I should be looking at?

Thanks,

Dan

Victoria Wei Lei

Jan 7, 2014, 3:33:04 PM1/7/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hello, All,

I simply use this topic to start my question,  which seems to be what I am looking for.
After explore Jenkins for a little bit, also get some advice from the community,  I realize that it is beyond my own capability to establish an automatic build/test environment with Jenkins.  The very first important step would be deciding the fundamental layout that fits in our particular SW development environment.  Is there any commercial Jenkins' support available, who helps us to design a feasible structure, and perform initial setup and implementation?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Victoria

Mandeville, Rob

Jan 7, 2014, 3:41:26 PM1/7/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

The official support comes from Cloudbees (www.cloudbees.com).  If you want, they can even host your Jenkins installation and test VMs in their cloud.  My company uses their Jenkins Enterprise product, which is an enhanced Jenkins server (with non-OSS plugins geared towards large installations) and support via the Web.  I can’t vouch for how they help in initial setup (we had a large Jenkins OSS system before going to Enterprise), but they have been pretty responsive when it comes to support tickets.

OTOH, if you have a simple setup and can describe it here, you may well get the answers you need for free.

--Rob

The information in this message is for the intended recipient(s) only and may be the proprietary and/or confidential property of Litle & Co., LLC, and thus protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify Litle & Co. immediately by replying to this message and then promptly deleting it and your reply permanently from your computer.

Daniel Beck

Jan 7, 2014, 4:16:05 PM1/7/14

On 07.01.2014, at 21:33, Victoria Wei Lei <weil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any commercial Jenkins' support available, who helps us to design a feasible structure, and perform initial setup and implementation?

Try contacting any of those:

https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Commercial+Support