Issues installing plugins on XP

Iain Walsh

Oct 3, 2012, 8:52:17 AM10/3/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
HI,
   I've successfully got Jenkins running on my Windows 7 machine. However I'm having an issue with Hudson not finding a Kernel32 class on the XP machine.
I'm remotely logged on to the XP machine with Administrator permissions. However it looks like it could be a permission problem, could I get confirmation before
bringing this to our system administrator?

Whenever I try to install a plugin I get this exception:
Failure -
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class hudson.util.jna.Kernel32
	at hudson.util.jna.Kernel32Utils.isJunctionOrSymlink(Kernel32Utils.java:62)
	at hudson.Util.isSymlink(Util.java:322)
	at hudson.Util.deleteRecursive(Util.java:283)
	at hudson.ClassicPluginStrategy.explode(ClassicPluginStrategy.java:403)
	at hudson.ClassicPluginStrategy.createPluginWrapper(ClassicPluginStrategy.java:117)
	at hudson.PluginManager.dynamicLoad(PluginManager.java:388)
	at hudson.model.UpdateCenter$InstallationJob._run(UpdateCenter.java:1223)
	at hudson.model.UpdateCenter$DownloadJob.run(UpdateCenter.java:1037)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Regards,
Iain

shanz

Dec 4, 2013, 7:51:58 AM12/4/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting a similar problem - when I visit the manage jenkins page, I get an oops -

 Could not initialize class hudson.util.jna.Kernel32

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

I'm trying jenkins 1.539 and 1.541 (run as a hudson.war windows service).
Java 1_07_45