First Jenkins Area Meetup (JAM) in Cologne, Germany on October 17, 2017

Fred G

Sep 21, 2017, 12:39:33 PM9/21/17
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the first Jenkins Area Meetup (JAM) in Cologne, Germany on October 17, 2017.

Special guest will be Andrew Bayer (CloudBees).

Details can be found on the Meetup page here:
https://www.meetup.com/de-DE/Cologne-Jenkins-Area-Meetup

We still have a few open slots for speakers left, so if you like to give a talk about or related to Jenkins and/or continuous integration,
please let me know.

Regards,

Fred

Alyssa Tong

Sep 21, 2017, 2:01:28 PM9/21/17
to jenkinsci-users
cool! will get this on jenkins.io events calendar shortly

Thiago Carvalho Davila

Sep 26, 2017, 10:06:12 AM9/26/17
to Jenkinsci Users
Hello,

I have a linux jenkins-master 2.60.3 that is downloading my jenkinsfile in a git project. I've used the snippet generator to make a checkout set from git as follows:

pipeline {
    agent {
        label 'windows_slave'
    }
    stages {
        stage('Checkout') {
            steps {
                checkout([$class: 'GitSCM', branches: [[name: '*/master']],
                    doGenerateSubmoduleConfigurations: false, extensions: [], gitTool: 'Git installations Windows', submoduleCfg: [],
                    userRemoteConfigs: [[credentialsId: '8e695c3b-7ab1-44d7-badd-515381560000', url: 'g...@mygit.domain:mygroup/MyProject.git']]])
            }
        }
}

Important note: my Git installations Windows is configured and installed on E:\opt\Git\cmd\git.exe

Then I get the following output:
[Pipeline] node
Running on windows_slave in E:\Jenkins2\Slaves\workspace\MyProject
[Pipeline] {
[Pipeline] stage
[Pipeline] { (Declarative: Checkout SCM)
[Pipeline] checkout
Cloning the remote Git repository
Cloning repository g...@git.serpro:sinac-34835/Sinac.Debitos.Comum.git
 > /usr/bin/git init E:\Jenkins2\Slaves\workspace\MyProject # timeout=10
ERROR: Error cloning remote repo 'origin'
hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Could not init E:\Jenkins2\Slaves\workspace\MyProject

The jenkins checkout step is tring to use git in a different path than configured usr/bin/git init.
Does anyone got this problem?

Thanks,

Thiago
-

"Esta mensagem do SERVIÇO FEDERAL DE PROCESSAMENTO DE DADOS (SERPRO), empresa pública federal regida pelo disposto na Lei Federal nº 5.615, é enviada exclusivamente a seu destinatário e pode conter informações confidenciais, protegidas por sigilo profissional. Sua utilização desautorizada é ilegal e sujeita o infrator às penas da lei. Se você a recebeu indevidamente, queira, por gentileza, reenviá-la ao emitente, esclarecendo o equívoco."

"This message from SERVIÇO FEDERAL DE PROCESSAMENTO DE DADOS (SERPRO) -- a government company established under Brazilian law (5.615/70) -- is directed exclusively to its addressee and may contain confidential data, protected under professional secrecy rules. Its unauthorized use is illegal and may subject the transgressor to the law's penalties. If you're not the addressee, please send it back, elucidating the failure."

Mark Waite

Sep 26, 2017, 3:48:24 PM9/26/17
to Jenkinsci Users
I suspect that you need to exclude the default checkout which is performed by declarative pipeline.  Refer to "skipDefaultCheckout" in the pipeline syntax reference https://jenkins.io/doc/book/pipeline/syntax/

Thiago Carvalho Davila

Sep 27, 2017, 8:12:36 AM9/27/17
to Jenkinsci Users
Thanks a lot Mark! That solved my problem!!

De: "Mark Waite" <mark.ea...@gmail.com>
Para: "Jenkinsci Users" <jenkins...@googlegroups.com>
Enviadas: Terça-feira, 26 de setembro de 2017 16:47:59
Assunto: Re: Bug on declarative checkout on Git / Windows path?