Not able to find choice to create “dumb slaves”.

dandeliondodgeball

Sep 24, 2017, 5:20:27 PM9/24/17
to Jenkins Users

Using AWS Linux with Jenkins 2.79  When I attempt to create a node I only have the choice of “permanent agent”.  Watching this video [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEQUuo5nWbo] it shows creating “dumb slaves”.  Are there steps left out?  Plugins which I wouldn’t have by default?  Or maybe this is just outdated?

What I am attempting to do is have a solution which only starts nodes as they are needed.  We have a small code base and two developers.  Want flexible, but not overly complex solution.

Thanks