Job disappears after completion

eric.wood

Apr 11, 2013, 10:02:21 AM4/11/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I have a job which is the anchor job on a build pipeline and after it
completes, the job disappears. Affects the entire down stream jobs in the
pipeline. I get the following error in my tomcat log:

SEVERE: Failed Loading job SF_V4.1
java.lang.NullPointerException
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild.getPreviousBuild(AbstractBuild.java:214)
at
hudson.tasks.Fingerprinter$FingerprintAction.onLoad(Fingerprinter.java:349)
at hudson.model.Run.onLoad(Run.java:319)
at hudson.model.RunMap.retrieve(RunMap.java:226)
at hudson.model.RunMap.retrieve(RunMap.java:59)
at
jenkins.model.lazy.AbstractLazyLoadRunMap.load(AbstractLazyLoadRunMap.java:657)
at
jenkins.model.lazy.AbstractLazyLoadRunMap.load(AbstractLazyLoadRunMap.java:640)
at
jenkins.model.lazy.AbstractLazyLoadRunMap.all(AbstractLazyLoadRunMap.java:592)
at jenkins.model.lazy.AbstractLazyLoadRunMap.entrySet

I'm running 1.505 which I thought had a fix for this issue. At least that
is the jar that I dropped in place, but in a build.xml file I see the
line:<hudsonVersion>1.504</hudsonVersion>. So am I not running the build
with the fix and is that the root cause?

I see the issue JENKINS-15156 was resolved in this build, but reloading from
disk does not resolve my problem. The job in question appears to have a
good config file, but id missing the lastbuild folder and the lastsuccessful
build folders which I assume are links.

Can anybody help as this is a major issue for me :-(

Thanks, Eric

eric.wood

Apr 12, 2013, 1:38:05 PM4/12/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I think that my issue is with the under lying version of windows. The server
that I am running on is Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, but not service
pack 1. It appears that the lastbuild and lastsuccessful folder want to be
links but are not.

Does this makes sense to anybody? It works fine on my windows seven laptop
where I was testing. The server is not at service pack 1.

eric.wood

Apr 12, 2013, 12:25:19 PM4/12/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hopefully, somebody can help. I installed the latest build which I think is
1.5.0.10. I had jenkins crash with a permgen memory error. I restarted and
my continuous integration job which starts my build pipeline is not showing
up again. This is happening frequently and reloading from disk does not
bring it back.

eric.wood

Apr 12, 2013, 4:16:59 PM4/12/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Ok. something is very odd. the symlinks under my .jenkins/jobs/<job> folder
are incorrect.

Directory of D:\Tools\Jenkins\.jenkins\jobs\SF_V4.1

04/12/2013 02:15 PM <DIR> .
04/12/2013 02:15 PM <DIR> ..
04/12/2013 02:15 PM <DIR> builds
04/12/2013 01:03 PM 7,588 config.xml
04/12/2013 02:15 PM <SYMLINK> lastStable [builds/lastStableBuild]
04/12/2013 02:15 PM <SYMLINK> lastSuccessful
[builds/lastSuccessfulBuild]

This are not pointing to folder with build information. On my test version
I ran they are pointing to build folder and working. Can this be anything
about converting a hudson implementation to a jenkins implementation?

Help :-)