Could not load program curl

Max B

Aug 4, 2014, 1:29:21 PM8/4/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am invoking the jenkins job and I am seeing these errors in my log.
can someone please advise me ? how do I fix it ?

i've already checked on my server i've those listed files in corresponding directories.

Could not load module /usr/lib/libidn.a(libidn.so.11).
	Dependent module /usr/lib/libiconv.a(libiconv.so.2) could not be loaded.
	Member libiconv.so.2 is not found in archive
Could not load module curl.
	Dependent module /usr/lib/libidn.a(libidn.so.11) could not be loaded.
Could not load module .

Rob Mandeville

Aug 4, 2014, 4:00:19 PM8/4/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

If you’ve checked on the server, are you sure that the job is running on the server?  If the job ran on a slave node running on another machine,  you have to check the machine that the slave node is running on.

--Rob

This e-mail and the information, including any attachments it contains, are intended to be a confidential communication only to the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender and destroy the original message.

Thank you.

Max B

Aug 4, 2014, 5:46:21 PM8/4/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, rmand...@dekaresearch.com
Rob,

I am running it from the same server ... i can runs successfully if I try to do it manually..  but while from the Jenkins job... its fails and that's the message that I see it in the logs.

Logging in
Could not load program curl:
Could not load module /usr/lib/libidn.a(libidn.so.11).
	Dependent module /usr/lib/libiconv.a(libiconv.so.2) could not be loaded.
	Member libiconv.so.2 is not found in archive
Could not load module curl.
	Dependent module /usr/lib/libidn.a(libidn.so.11) could not be loaded.
Could not load module .

let me know if anything else  I can check it.

Yog S

Aug 6, 2014, 5:54:41 AM8/6/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, rmand...@dekaresearch.com
Can you check with which user its running on slave? I had similar problem in past where lynx (not actually curl ) was working fine manually bot not through Jenkins and later found that from jenkins the script was running as a different use on slave and that use didn't had HOME env variable set

ARYAN SHARMA

Jun 28, 2016, 4:10:54 AM6/28/16
to Jenkins Users, rmand...@dekaresearch.com
HI,

I am facing the same error on Jenkins. Kindly share the solution if it has been resolved at your side.

Thanks,
Sachin

Max B

Jul 6, 2016, 5:33:13 PM7/6/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
just updated the libpath for user to look for where the libs are installed

Thanks