OpenID and Role strategy plan

Owen Windsor

Jul 7, 2011, 7:21:30 AM7/7/11
to Jenkins Users
Hi all,

I have just been looking in to implementing some access segregation in
to my Jenkins host and have been looking in to the Role strategy plan
as it lets me group users in a sensible manner for my particular use
case.

I was also looking in to using the OpenID providers largely because it
feels really nice to be able to get the authentication attached to our
google apps accounts.

My problem is this;

OpenID works when I select the Project based Authorization strategy -
The providers (at this point Google) are all happy and my defined
users are able to access the builds. I can define at the project
level who gets what. All happy there.

I then saw the role strategy plan and it suggested that it may be a
better fit for me, so I installed and configured the system. With the
Roles strategy system enabled, I am not able to use an OpenID provider
at all. At login, the login with OpenID button will link me off to a
text box to enter the OpenID provider URL, then will throw a 500 with
the following (snipped) trace;

webapp 2011/07/07 19:24:07] - Error while serving
http://192.168.122.6:8080/federatedLoginService/openid/startLogin
at
57)
at
43)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.Function$InstanceFunction.invoke(Function.java:
282)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.Function.bindAndInvoke(Function.java:149)
at
org.kohsuke.stapler.Function.bindAndInvokeAndServeResponse(Function.java:
88)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.MetaClass$1.doDispatch(MetaClass.java:103)
at
org.kohsuke.stapler.NameBasedDispatcher.dispatch(NameBasedDispatcher.java:
53)

I would really like to have both OpenID and the Role based
functionality, but it seems that there is a bug that prevents this.

Is this something that anyone else has come across? I am running
Jenkins 1.419-1 for RHEL from the Jenkins repo with the latest of the
two plugins.

Happy to provide more detail if required.

Cheers
Owen

mallikarjunece

Jun 25, 2013, 2:35:48 AM6/25/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi , I am also having similar issue with role strategy plugin. When i add one user for project roles then openid login is working properly. But, If i add another user to project/global rules then the login is not working then i checked the browser request URL ,which contains all the user information. How to fix this issue. I need to fix it ASAP. Quick reply appreciated.... Cheers Mallikarjuna

Sent from the Jenkins users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.