Server Move Issue

Andrew Day

Jun 20, 2016, 3:22:02 PM6/20/16
to Jenkins Users
I am trying to move my current install from one machine to another.

I installed Jenkins on my new machine (made sure is was not running) then copied the jenkins folder from the old machine to the new machine. The started Jenkins.

Jenkins starts fine but when i try to login i just get the "Oops" error page with the following:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: hudson.model.User.getById(Ljava/lang/String;Z)Lhudson/model/User;
	at hudson.model.User$UserIDCanonicalIdResolver.resolveCanonicalId(User.java:1039)
	at hudson.model.User.get(User.java:393)
	at hudson.model.User.get(User.java:362)
	at hudson.model.User.get(User.java:481)
	at hudson.plugins.active_directory.ActiveDirectoryUserDetail.getJenkinsUser(ActiveDirectoryUserDetail.java:194)
	at hudson.plugins.active_directory.ActiveDirectoryUserDetail.updateUserInfo(ActiveDirectoryUserDetail.java:205)
	at hudson.plugins.active_directory.ActiveDirectoryUnixAuthenticationProvider.retrieveUser(ActiveDirectoryUnixAuthenticationProvider.java:339)
	at hudson.plugins.active_directory.ActiveDirectoryUnixAuthenticationProvider.retrieveUser(ActiveDirectoryUnixAuthenticationProvider.java:200)
	at hudson.plugins.active_directory.ActiveDirectoryUnixAuthenticationProvider.retrieveUser(ActiveDirectoryUnixAuthenticationProvider.java:142)
	at org.acegisecurity.providers.dao.AbstractUserDetailsAuthenticationProvider.authenticate(AbstractUserDetailsAuthenticationProvider.java:122)
	at org.acegisecurity.providers.ProviderManager.doAuthentication(ProviderManager.java:200)
	at org.acegisecurity.AbstractAuthenticationManager.authenticate(AbstractAuthenticationManager.java:47)
	at org.acegisecurity.ui.webapp.AuthenticationProcessingFilter.attemptAuthentication(AuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:74)
	at org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:252)
	at hudson.security.ChainedServletFilter$1.doFilter(ChainedServletFilter.java:87)
	at jenkins.security.BasicHeaderProcessor.doFilter(BasicHeaderProcessor.java:93)
	at hudson.security.ChainedServletFilter$1.doFilter(ChainedServletFilter.java:87)
	at org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:249)
	at hudson.security.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter2.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter2.java:67)
	at hudson.security.ChainedServletFilter$1.doFilter(ChainedServletFilter.java:87)
	at hudson.security.ChainedServletFilter.doFilter(ChainedServletFilter.java:76)
	at hudson.security.HudsonFilter.doFilter(HudsonFilter.java:171)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1482)
	at org.kohsuke.stapler.compression.CompressionFilter.doFilter(CompressionFilter.java:49)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1482)
	at hudson.util.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:81)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1482)
	at org.kohsuke.stapler.DiagnosticThreadNameFilter.doFilter(DiagnosticThreadNameFilter.java:30)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1474)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:499)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:137)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:533)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:231)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1086)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:428)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:193)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1020)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:135)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:116)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:489)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:960)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:1021)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:865)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:240)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:82)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:668)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:52)
	at winstone.BoundedExecutorService$1.run(BoundedExecutorService.java:77)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this??? It should be authenticating against AD.

Thanks,

Baptiste Mathus

Jun 20, 2016, 5:27:28 PM6/20/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
That method was seemingly introduced in Jenkins 1.651.2 and 2.3, so I suspect you didn't reinstall the exact same components on the new machines. For example you possibly updated a plugin (AD?) without updating the core?

My 2 cents

Baptiste Mathus

Jun 20, 2016, 5:28:57 PM6/20/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Andrew Day

Jun 20, 2016, 6:09:40 PM6/20/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

So when i installed Jenkins i just installed the latest 1.x version no plug-ins and made sure my current verson was fully updated and all plug-ins.

I assumed when i copied the jenkins folder over all plug-ins would also come over.

When i am back at work i will check the versions.

But do i first need to install the plug-ins on the new server before I copy over the jenkins folder from my old server?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CANWgJS75fkEZ0-uEm_CLjKWYqhbi%3DQhY_G0xAYTaasoKD%2B_c2g%40mail.gmail.com.

Baptiste Mathus

Jun 21, 2016, 8:47:45 AM6/21/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
For the plugins, that's right, but depends how you install Jenkins itself. Do you use the plain .war file, or do you use the system package (say .deb or .rpm?). If the latter, then you may have installed a different version on the new server than on the old one.

Andrew Day

Jun 21, 2016, 9:41:49 AM6/21/16
to Jenkins Users, m...@batmat.net
I used the jenkins.msi installer package

Andrew Day

Jun 21, 2016, 9:45:03 AM6/21/16
to Jenkins Users, m...@batmat.net
and i am currently running it as a service ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\jenkins.exe")