Notify "n Minutes before Job Starts"

VinodKumar

Jun 24, 2013, 3:44:10 AM6/24/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I am looking for a plugin or way to notify people n minutes before the job
actually starts.
There was a plugin I saw a long time ago but I don't remember the name.
It used to send notification at scheduled time then start actual job "n
Minutes" after the scheduled time.

Can anyone help me for this.

Thanks & Regards
Vinod Kumar

Martin Ba

Jun 24, 2013, 1:25:04 PM6/24/13
On 24.06.2013 09:44, VinodKumar wrote:
> I am looking for a plugin or way to notify people n minutes before the job
> actually starts.
> There was a plugin I saw a long time ago but I don't remember the name.
> It used to send notification at scheduled time then start actual job "n
> Minutes" after the scheduled time.
>
> Can anyone help me for this.

OTH, you can use a second job for this.
The job first sends a message, then waits "n Minutes", then starts the
actual Job as Downstream Project.

Downside is the the start-job uses up an executor while waiting.
Upside is that it's easy to cancel the Job - just abort the waiting
starter-job.

cheers,
Martin

Ann Campbell

Jun 24, 2013, 1:42:03 PM6/24/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
The way I handle this is to put an n-minute sleep at the start of the job.

Use the Extended email plugin to send a before-build notification & voila'
Privileged and/or confidential information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or are not responsible for delivery of this message to that person) , you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and notify the sender by reply e-mail.
If you or your employer do not consent to Internet e-mail for messages of this kind, please advise the sender.
Shaw Industries does not provide or endorse any opinions, conclusions or other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of the company  or its subsidiaries.

VinodKumar

Jun 26, 2013, 2:48:01 AM6/26/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

VinodKumar

Jun 26, 2013, 2:48:44 AM6/26/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Chandanlal Chouhan

May 24, 2017, 9:50:36 AM5/24/17
to Jenkins Users
I am actually looking for similar kind of solution in which I need to send email using email-extn plugin before build and then sleep for 2 minute and then MSBuild starts and deployed to server.  I have tried using quite feature of Jenkins but does not serve my purpose.
I am new to Jenkins. Can anyone help me in this. example would be appreciated.

Dirk Heinrichs

May 24, 2017, 9:58:58 AM5/24/17
Am 24.05.2017 um 12:23 schrieb Chandanlal Chouhan:
I am actually looking for similar kind of solution in which I need to send email using email-extn plugin before build and then sleep for 2 minute and then MSBuild starts and deployed to server.  I have tried using quite feature of Jenkins but does not serve my purpose.
I am new to Jenkins. Can anyone help me in this. example would be appreciated.

EMail Ext Plugin won't help you here, since it's a post-build action. However, you could put bash script as first build step into your job that sends the mail and then sleeps for 2 minutes before continuing with the next step. You could also put that into a wrapper job which only executes the bash build step and then triggers your real job.

HTH...

    Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs
Senior Systems Engineer, Delivery Pipeline

Recommind GmbH, Von-Liebig-Straße 1, 53359 Rheinbach

Vertretungsberechtigte Geschäftsführer John Marshall Doolittle, Gordon Davies, Roger Illing, Registergericht Amtsgericht Bonn, Registernummer HRB 10646

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail sind nicht gestattet.

Slide

May 24, 2017, 12:16:00 PM5/24/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
email-ext supports pre-build emails using the pre-build trigger.

Chandanlal Chouhan

May 25, 2017, 6:19:13 AM5/25/17
to Jenkins Users, dhei...@opentext.com
I have added a bash script to do this and it's working smoothly.