BitBucket Branch Source Plugin Endpoints - Manage Hooks

Matthew Ceroni

Jun 20, 2018, 12:21:21 PM6/20/18
to Jenkins Users
I am trying to automatically setup hooks for repositories in BitBucket Cloud. There are two issues I believe I have.

First, Manage Hooks is selected. However when a project is added to Jenkins, the hooks do not get created. I still have to manually go in and set them.

Second, even if the hooks were automatically added, Jenkins isn't public. I have a reverse proxy that simply exposes the webhook endpoint. If memory serves me correct with the GitHub plugin you could specify what URL to use for the web hook endpoint. I don't see this option with the BitBucket plugin. So my assumption would be that if I solved problem 1, that it would probably put the value for Jenkins URL in the global configuration.

Thanks

Antonio Muñiz

Jun 29, 2018, 4:33:35 AM6/29/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 at 18:21, Matthew Ceroni <matthe...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am trying to automatically setup hooks for repositories in BitBucket Cloud. There are two issues I believe I have.

First, Manage Hooks is selected. However when a project is added to Jenkins, the hooks do not get created. I still have to manually go in and set them.

File an issue on http://issues.jenkins-ci.org, project JENKINS and component bitbucket-branch-source.
Please include steps to reproduce (exact version of Jenkins and plugins).

Second, even if the hooks were automatically added, Jenkins isn't public. I have a reverse proxy that simply exposes the webhook endpoint. If memory serves me correct with the GitHub plugin you could specify what URL to use for the web hook endpoint. I don't see this option with the BitBucket plugin. So my assumption would be that if I solved problem 1, that it would probably put the value for Jenkins URL in the global configuration.

The webhook URL must be somehow visible to get it working.
Also, make sure your Jenkins URL (in Manage Jenkins) is not something like "http://localhost:8080" because Bibucket will reject the webhook setup when it receives such URLs.

Thanks

Antonio Muñiz
Software Engineer