Blue ocean

Limor Shemesh

Apr 23, 2017, 5:21:03 AM4/23/17
to Jenkins Users
Hi
I'm using blue ocean rc1, I have three questions regarding the plugin:
  • Is this plugin configurable?
  • When I enter to blue ocean from a job build it automatically open the log,
           in case I want to see the tests results I have to scroll up the log and then click the tests tab, Is it possible to open the main screen of the job blue ocean and not open the log by default?
  • The tests tag display the skipped and failed tests, how can I see the passing tests list?

James Dumay

Apr 24, 2017, 12:07:13 AM4/24/17
to Jenkins Users
Hi Limor,

On Sunday, April 23, 2017 at 7:21:03 PM UTC+10, Limor Shemesh wrote:
Hi
I'm using blue ocean rc1, I have three questions regarding the plugin:
  • Is this plugin configurable?
Not sure what you mean by this - can you please elaborate?
  • When I enter to blue ocean from a job build it automatically open the log,
           in case I want to see the tests results I have to scroll up the log and then click the tests tab, Is it possible to open the main screen of the job blue ocean and not open the log by default?

 Its not possible to disable this functionality however we want to make it a lot more obvious that tests may have caused the build to fail (similar to what you are describing) see https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-39892
  • The tests tag display the skipped and failed tests, how can I see the passing tests list?
Blue Ocean has to cater for situations where there could be thousands or even tens of thousands of tests. We cannot display all the tests on this screen in a meaningful or performant way. We do however show what tests have been fixed since the last run. Is there a specific use case you have that we are preventing here?

Thanks