java.util.zip.ZipException: error reading zip file by clicking on "Build Now" in jenkins

venkatesh guttal

Apr 20, 2017, 3:57:15 AM4/20/17
to Jenkins Users
Hi
The below error will come whenever i start the build.
When i restart the jenkin's this error will go off, After some time again it will come.

Please help me to sort this issue, Please find the attached log files.

java version "1.8.0_92"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.92-b14, mixed mode)

java.util.zip.ZipException: error reading zip file

                at java.util.zip.ZipFile.read(Native Method)

                at java.util.zip.ZipFile.access$1400(ZipFile.java:60)

                at java.util.zip.ZipFile$ZipFileInputStream.read(ZipFile.java:717)

                at java.util.zip.ZipFile$ZipFileInflaterInputStream.fill(ZipFile.java:419)

                at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(InflaterInputStream.java:158)

                at java.util.jar.JarVerifier$VerifierStream.read(JarVerifier.java:478)

                at sun.misc.Resource.getBytes(Resource.java:124)

                at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:462)

                at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:73)

Caused: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: hudson.remoting.ProxyOutputStream

Regards,

Venkatesh

jenkins_java_error.txt
hs_err_pid15332.log

Victor Martinez

Apr 23, 2017, 9:51:59 AM4/23/17
to Jenkins Users
I just found the below jira tickets:
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-5149

There is a workaround in case it does apply to your use case.

Cheers

venkatesh guttal

Apr 25, 2017, 4:56:41 AM4/25/17
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

Yes, Please tell me the workaround.

below are some of info related to jenkins.

1) I am using "ssh-slaves-plugin" for connection between master and slave
2) I am using jenkins version: 2.56
3) Machine used; Linux(master and slave)
4) Jenkins installed in redhat linux

Is there any issue using jenkins version 2.56/2.55?

waiting for your reply

Regards,
Venkatesh

Victor Martinez

Apr 25, 2017, 5:26:42 AM4/25/17
to Jenkins Users
Sorry, I didn't mention that workaround is explained in those URLs, look at those jira tickets and you will find it. I hope it helps

Cheers

venkatesh guttal

Apr 25, 2017, 7:05:57 AM4/25/17
to Jenkins Users
Hi Victor,
sorry, I do not have account in jira. How do i get the jira account?
do you know the workaround? please tell me.

Regards,
Venkatesh

Victor Martinez

Apr 25, 2017, 7:13:15 AM4/25/17
to Jenkins Users
Unfortunately, Jira is accessible anonymously.

Cheers