CVS Authentication failed!

Sameh Tawfik

Jul 11, 2013, 5:57:22 PM7/11/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I'm using Jenkins ver. 1.522

Under "Manage Jenkins\Configure System\CVS\ Authentication" , I setup CVS Root, Username, and Password, but under same "CVS" section  there are these fields: "Private Key Location", "Private Key Password", "Known Hosts Location" which I'm not using or need, because instead I'm using the values under the Authentication.

Everytime, I remove the values specified for "Private Key Location", "Private Key Password", "Known Hosts Location" fields and save, when I go back Jenkins is populating these values again with the same default values?

The problem everytime, Jenkins runs a build it fails with the following message:

ERROR: CVS Authentication failed: null
Caused by: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/lib/jenkins/.ssh/id_dsa (No such file or directory)

So, how to instruct Jenkins to not to use the "Private Key Location", "Private Key Password", "Known Hosts Location" fields and use instead the user and password supplied?

Sameh Tawfik

Jul 12, 2013, 10:27:58 AM7/12/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

In Jenkins ver. 1.522, does anyone knows why Jenkins under "Manage Jenkins\Configure System\CVS\" combines both Private Key information and a specific user Authentication information?

It seems just one of these choices should be selected, but not both get selected at the same time?

This situation causing our builds to fail, because we are not using a private key scenario and the Jenkins is complaing it can not find /var/lib/jenkins/.ssh/id_rsa file, which we are not using?  Instead we're using a specific user account  so the supplied user name and password should be sufficient to access CVS repository.

Am I missing something?  Is this a bug in Jenkins?  It is hard to believe that this is the case? There must be some settings that would always us to just use a specific account to access CVS!

Red

Feb 21, 2014, 5:30:16 PM2/21/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem.  I just installed jenkins for the first time and want to do a very simple build that requires a cvs checkout.
I have tried everything I could think of short of actually creating and setting up ssh public/private key authentication for the
jenkins user (too scary) Here the email I get from jenkins:

Started by timer
Using globally configured password for connection to ':ext:iman-repo.example.com:22/usr/local/cvsroot' with username 'rcrick'
cvs checkout -P -N -D 21 Feb 2014 17:15:23 -0500 platform/perl
ERROR: CVS Authentication failed: null
org.netbeans.lib.cvsclient.connection.AuthenticationException: SSH connection failed.
        at org.netbeans.lib.cvsclient.connection.SSHConnection.open(SSHConnection.java:141)
        at org.netbeans.lib.cvsclient.Client$1.run(Client.java:374)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)
Caused by: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/lib/jenkins/.ssh/id_rsa (No such file or directory)
        at com.jcraft.jsch.KeyPair.load(KeyPair.java:524)
        at com.jcraft.jsch.IdentityFile.newInstance(IdentityFile.java:40)
        at com.jcraft.jsch.JSch.addIdentity(JSch.java:389)
        at com.jcraft.jsch.JSch.addIdentity(JSch.java:370)
        at org.netbeans.lib.cvsclient.connection.SSHConnection.open(SSHConnection.java:135)
        ... 2 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/lib/jenkins/.ssh/id_rsa (No such file or directory)
        at com.jcraft.jsch.Util.fromFile(Util.java:492)
        at com.jcraft.jsch.KeyPair.load(KeyPair.java:521)
        ... 6 more
ERROR: Cvs task failed

Red

Feb 22, 2014, 1:05:02 AM2/22/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I could add the ssh public/private key authentication, but what if I do not the
access to create the user jenkins on the server that is hosting my cvs repo?

Michael Clarke

Feb 22, 2014, 2:48:19 AM2/22/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Which version of the cvs plugin are you using, and what authentication method does your cvs repository currently use?

Thanks,
Michael

Red

Feb 26, 2014, 9:28:02 PM2/26/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

I am using Jenkins ver. 1.552

and cvs plugin version 2.11

I can access my CVS repo via ssh.

I am not allowed to as user accounts (like the jenkins user) to the system hosting my cvs repo.

Russell Cecala

Michael Clarke

Feb 27, 2014, 4:06:35 AM2/27/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
How are you authenticating yourself over ssh?

Russell Cecala

Feb 27, 2014, 4:54:35 PM2/27/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
password authentication