Subversion Checkout fails

me

Jan 11, 2012, 5:25:22 PM1/11/12
to Jenkins Users
I have just started to use Jenkins. I am getting the error shown
below. Now from other web searches I thought that this was fixed.

I am using Jenkins version 1.447 under Windows XP. My tortoise client
is TortoiseSVN.

If anyone can suggest how to fix this please let me know.

FAILED: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNErrorMessage: svn: OPTIONS /repos/
trunk/D24288 failed

org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: OPTIONS /repos/trunk/D24288
failed

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:
291)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:
276)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:
264)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.exchangeCapabilities(DAVConnection.java:
516)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.open(DAVConnection.java:
98)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVRepository.openConnection(DAVRepository.java:
1001)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVRepository.testConnection(DAVRepository.java:
97)

at hudson.scm.SubversionSCM
$DescriptorImpl.postCredential(SubversionSCM.java:1867)

at hudson.scm.SubversionSCM
$DescriptorImpl.doPostCredential(SubversionSCM.java:1812)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
Source)

at org.kohsuke.stapler.Function
$InstanceFunction.invoke(Function.java:282)

at org.kohsuke.stapler.Function.bindAndInvoke(Function.java:
149)

at
org.kohsuke.stapler.Function.bindAndInvokeAndServeResponse(Function.java:
88)

at org.kohsuke.stapler.MetaClass$1.doDispatch(MetaClass.java:
104)

at
org.kohsuke.stapler.NameBasedDispatcher.dispatch(NameBasedDispatcher.java:
53)

at org.kohsuke.stapler.Stapler.tryInvoke(Stapler.java:561)

at org.kohsuke.stapler.Stapler.invoke(Stapler.java:646)

at org.kohsuke.stapler.MetaClass$6.doDispatch(MetaClass.java:
234)

at
org.kohsuke.stapler.NameBasedDispatcher.dispatch(NameBasedDispatcher.java:
53)

at org.kohsuke.stapler.Stapler.tryInvoke(Stapler.java:561)

at org.kohsuke.stapler.Stapler.invoke(Stapler.java:646)

at org.kohsuke.stapler.MetaClass$6.doDispatch(MetaClass.java:
234)

at
org.kohsuke.stapler.NameBasedDispatcher.dispatch(NameBasedDispatcher.java:
53)

at org.kohsuke.stapler.Stapler.tryInvoke(Stapler.java:561)

at org.kohsuke.stapler.Stapler.invoke(Stapler.java:646)

at org.kohsuke.stapler.Stapler.invoke(Stapler.java:477)

at org.kohsuke.stapler.Stapler.service(Stapler.java:159)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:45)

at
winstone.ServletConfiguration.execute(ServletConfiguration.java:249)

at winstone.RequestDispatcher.forward(RequestDispatcher.java:
335)

at winstone.RequestDispatcher.doFilter(RequestDispatcher.java:
378)

at hudson.util.PluginServletFilter
$1.doFilter(PluginServletFilter.java:95)

at
hudson.util.PluginServletFilter.doFilter(PluginServletFilter.java:87)

at
winstone.FilterConfiguration.execute(FilterConfiguration.java:195)

at winstone.RequestDispatcher.doFilter(RequestDispatcher.java:
368)

at hudson.security.csrf.CrumbFilter.doFilter(CrumbFilter.java:
47)

at
winstone.FilterConfiguration.execute(FilterConfiguration.java:195)

at winstone.RequestDispatcher.doFilter(RequestDispatcher.java:
368)

at hudson.security.ChainedServletFilter
$1.doFilter(ChainedServletFilter.java:84)

at
hudson.security.ChainedServletFilter.doFilter(ChainedServletFilter.java:
76)

at hudson.security.HudsonFilter.doFilter(HudsonFilter.java:164)

at
winstone.FilterConfiguration.execute(FilterConfiguration.java:195)

at winstone.RequestDispatcher.doFilter(RequestDispatcher.java:
368)

at
hudson.util.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:
81)

at
winstone.FilterConfiguration.execute(FilterConfiguration.java:195)

at winstone.RequestDispatcher.doFilter(RequestDispatcher.java:
368)

at winstone.RequestDispatcher.forward(RequestDispatcher.java:
333)

at
winstone.RequestHandlerThread.processRequest(RequestHandlerThread.java:
244)

at winstone.RequestHandlerThread.run(RequestHandlerThread.java:
150)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNErrorMessage: svn: OPTIONS /repos/
trunk/D24288 failed

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNErrorMessage.create(SVNErrorMessage.java:
200)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNErrorMessage.create(SVNErrorMessage.java:
146)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNErrorMessage.create(SVNErrorMessage.java:89)

... 53 more

Caused by: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: OPTIONS request
failed on '/repos/trunk/D24288'

svn: OPTIONS of /repos/trunk/D24288: 500 Internal Server Error
(https://svn.xyz.com)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:
64)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:
51)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection._request(HTTPConnection.java:
644)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:
285)

... 52 more

Caused by: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNErrorMessage: svn: OPTIONS
request failed on '/repos/trunk/D24288'

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNErrorMessage.create(SVNErrorMessage.java:
200)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection._request(HTTPConnection.java:
642)

... 53 more

Caused by: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNErrorMessage: svn: OPTIONS of /
repos/trunk/D24288: 500 Internal Server Error (https://svn.xyz.com)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNErrorMessage.create(SVNErrorMessage.java:
200)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNErrorMessage.create(SVNErrorMessage.java:
181)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNErrorMessage.create(SVNErrorMessage.java:
133)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPRequest.createDefaultErrorMessage(HTTPRequest.java:
430)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPRequest.readError(HTTPRequest.java:
286)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPRequest.dispatch(HTTPRequest.java:
207)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection._request(HTTPConnection.java:
364)

... 53 more

Many Thanks!

Didier Durand

Jan 12, 2012, 12:21:42 AM1/12/12
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

Have a look at the final part of this thread:
http://www.svnforum.org/threads/34588-Commit-Failed-OPTIONS-request-failed-on-svn-CommitTest

Don't you have the same issue of firewall or proxy inbetween ?

regards

didier

Brian J

Jan 12, 2012, 1:01:11 AM1/12/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Some things...

TortoiseSVN should not come into effect through Jenkins. Jenkins uses it's own SVN based on SVNKit. It looks like your request is resulting in an internal server error connecting to SVN. If you have access, you might look at the server logs to get more details.

You might also make sure that you can check out from the same machine using TortoiseSVN. This will verify that all the networking and authentication to SVN works. If this works, you might check Java's own proxy settings. There are tools that can redirect java's http requests to localhost for testing, which can interfere with SVN. If you are unable to connect to SVN with another client, resolve that first, then come back to your jenkins project.

Good Luck!

Brian

me

Jan 12, 2012, 4:58:45 AM1/12/12
to Jenkins Users
Many thanks for your suggestions!

@Didier: I am using https: to access the remote repository. This
seemed to be the suggestion from this thread.

@Brian: I have successfully authenticated from this machine to the
remote repo using a number of different methods: TortoiseSVN, SVN
command line, browser, ViewVC

I am interested in what you say here, Brian: "If this works, you might
check Java's own proxy settings. There are tools that can redirect
java's http requests to localhost for testing, which can interfere
with SVN."

I am not familiar with Java and its proxy. Can you give me some
guidance on what I would need to do to test this out?

Thanks!

On Jan 12, 6:01 am, Brian J <b2jr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Some things...
>
> TortoiseSVN should not come into effect through Jenkins. Jenkins uses it's
> own SVN based on SVNKit. It looks like your request is resulting in an
> internal server error connecting to SVN. If you have access, you might look
> at the server logs to get more details.
>
> You might also make sure that you can check out from the same machine using
> TortoiseSVN. This will verify that all the networking and authentication to
> SVN works. If this works, you might check Java's own proxy settings. There
> are tools that can redirect java's http requests to localhost for testing,
> which can interfere with SVN. If you are unable to connect to SVN with
> another client, resolve that first, then come back to your jenkins project.
>
> Good Luck!
>
> Brian
>
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 11:21 PM, Didier Durand <durand.did...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Hi,
>
> > Have a look at the final part of this thread:
>
> >http://www.svnforum.org/threads/34588-Commit-Failed-OPTIONS-request-f...

me

Jan 12, 2012, 11:14:56 AM1/12/12
to Jenkins Users
Good News!

I think I have found a solution for me and I have not seen mention of
it during my searching. From within the Windows "Services" console,
selecting the Jenkins service, I have had to change the Log On from
"Local System Account" to "This account".

I have successfully checked out now!

Thanks!