Install-plugin CLI action doesn't work when an URL is specified as SOURCE

nakag...@yahoo.co.jp

Jan 14, 2011, 8:25:10 AM1/14/11
to Hudson Users
Hi,

I could install the latest ivy-plugin by using CLI when I invoked
commands:
wget http://updates.hudson-labs.org/download/plugins/ivy/1.14/ivy.hpi
java -jar hudson-cli.jar -s http://localhost:8080/ install-plugin
ivy.hpi

However, I failed to install the plugin when I invoked the command
using an URL as SOURCE:
java -jar hudson-cli.jar -s http://localhost:8080/ install-plugin
http://updates.hudson-labs.org/download/plugins/ivy/1.14/ivy.hpi

or
using the short name 'ivy' as SOURCE:
java -jar hudson-cli.jar -s http://localhost:8080/ install-plugin ivy

Do you have any idea why this happens?

Thanks,

nakag...@yahoo.co.jp

Jan 16, 2011, 1:33:37 AM1/16/11
to hudson...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I should have written detail information on this issue in my first e-mail.

>When this fails, what happens? Does it report an error?
I found no error when I invoked the following command:After completing the command, I found ivy.hpi in the directory:
%HUDSON_HOME%\plugins\download\plugins\ivy\1.14\ivy.hpi

It seems that this should be placed in the directory to enable the plugin:
%HUDSON_HOME%\plugins\ivy.hpi

>I've improved the error diagnosis in 1.395 so that it tells you more
>about why it failed to find 'ivy' in the update center.
Thanks. I will try it.

When I used the Hudson 1.393, I got the following error:

java -jar hudson-cli.jar -s http://localhost:8080/ install-plugin ivy

Installing a plugin from local file: ivy
hudson.util.IOException2: Failed to copy ivy to C:\Hudson\Home\plugins\ivy.hpi
        at hudson.FilePath.copyTo(FilePath.java:1368)
        at hudson.cli.InstallPluginCommand.run(InstallPluginCommand.java:74)
        at hudson.cli.CLICommand.main(CLICommand.java:184)
        at hudson.cli.CliManagerImpl.main(CliManagerImpl.java:68)

This problem doesn't happen when I tried some other plugins:
findbugs, pmd, checkstyle.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi | CloudBees, Inc. | http://cloudbees.com/

Get the new Internet Explorer 8 optimized for Yahoo! JAPAN

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Jan 18, 2011, 12:45:53 PM1/18/11
to hudson...@googlegroups.com, nakag...@yahoo.co.jp

On 01/14/2011 05:25 AM, nakag...@yahoo.co.jp wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I could install the latest ivy-plugin by using CLI when I invoked
> commands:
> wget http://updates.hudson-labs.org/download/plugins/ivy/1.14/ivy.hpi
> java -jar hudson-cli.jar -s http://localhost:8080/ install-plugin
> ivy.hpi
>
> However, I failed to install the plugin when I invoked the command
> using an URL as SOURCE:
> java -jar hudson-cli.jar -s http://localhost:8080/ install-plugin
> http://updates.hudson-labs.org/download/plugins/ivy/1.14/ivy.hpi

When this fails, what happens? Does it report an error?

> or

> using the short name 'ivy' as SOURCE:
> java -jar hudson-cli.jar -s http://localhost:8080/ install-plugin ivy
>
> Do you have any idea why this happens?

I've improved the error diagnosis in 1.395 so that it tells you more

nakag...@yahoo.co.jp

Feb 14, 2011, 9:15:59 AM2/14/11
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

I'm not sure when and how this was fixed.
However, this problem has gone in the jenkins 1.397.

Thanks,
Tad