How to increment build number using fastlane and jenkins for iOS CICD setup?

Vidhya Sri Soundararajan

Apr 26, 2018, 1:22:20 AM4/26/18
to Jenkins Users

I am using fastlane and jenkins for my iOS CICD setup. I used a command increment_build_number in my fastfile in order to increment the build number for every internal deployment to crashlytics.

Initially it was incrementing the Bundle version in info.plist and not Bundle version string,short. In the middle, i changed the Bundle version string,short to 1.0.0 in Xcode in order to test whether this will change the Bundle version string,short to 1.0.1 during next deployment .

After this increment_build_number is not at all working and it is not incrementing either the Bundle version nor the Bundle version string,short.

I couldn't find what is the issue here. Are we not suppose to change any of the bundle version in Xcode manually and how to fix this again?