artifactory - cannot deselect publish build info

Russ Tremain

Dec 11, 2012, 8:52:58 PM12/11/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've been experimenting with the Artifactory plugin.

In the job configuration, I have set the following:

Section "Build Environment":

[x] Generic-Artifactory Integration".

Section "Artifactory Configuration":

[ ] Capture and publish build info

When I save the config for my trivial job and run it, it fails with
the message:

Deploying build info to: http://artifactory(details
deleted)/artifactory/api/build
ERROR: Failed to send build info: HTTP response code: 403. HTTP
response message: Forbidden
java.io.IOException: Failed to send build info: HTTP response code:
403. HTTP response message: Forbidden
at
org.jfrog.build.client.ArtifactoryBuildInfoClient.throwHttpIOException(ArtifactoryBuildInfoClient.java:642)
at
org.jfrog.build.client.ArtifactoryBuildInfoClient.sendBuildInfo(ArtifactoryBuildInfoClient.java:240)
at
org.jfrog.hudson.generic.GenericBuildInfoDeployer.deploy(GenericBuildInfoDeployer.java:69)
at
org.jfrog.hudson.generic.ArtifactoryGenericConfigurator$1.tearDown(ArtifactoryGenericConfigurator.java:251)
at hudson.model.Build$BuildExecution.doRun(Build.java:171)
at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.run(AbstractBuild.java:499)
at hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1502)
at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:46)
at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:88)
at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:236)

Then I go back to the config, and this option is again selected!

[x] Capture and publish build info

I cannot turn it off. When I deselect it and save, it comes back.

Anyone knows why it does this? On the artifactory side, I don't see
any options to save build info or provide a location to save build
info. Is this something I need to configure?

BTW, it does publish my fake artifacts, but the build fails because
of the above error.

Here is the entire build script:

find .

I have run with jenkins 1.464, and also with 1.480.1. I am using the
latest artifactory plugin, 2.3.1.

tia,
-Russ

Russ Tremain

Dec 11, 2012, 9:11:19 PM12/11/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, jenkins...@googlegroups.com
correction: jenkins artifactory version is 2.1.3, not 2.3.1.
Artifactory server is 2.6.3.

Evgeny Goldin

Dec 12, 2012, 2:35:22 AM12/12/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Russ Tremain

Dec 12, 2012, 1:12:39 PM12/12/12
to Evgeny Goldin, jenkins...@googlegroups.com
not a bad idea, but I believe this is an issue with the jenkins plugin.

Baruch Sadogursky

Dec 13, 2012, 7:17:50 AM12/13/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, ru...@releasetools.org
Hi Russ,
I opened a bug, you are more than welcome to vote and watch :)

Thanks!
Baruch