Upgrading to v1.473 has broken all my matrix jobs

Thomas Fields

Jul 2, 2012, 6:37:30 AM7/2/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I just upgraded to Jenkins 1.473 and I'm getting this for all my matrix jobs:

SEVERE: Failed Loading job PhyreAssetPacker-Live java.lang.NullPointerException at hudson.matrix.MatrixProject.updateTransientActions(MatrixProject.java:431) at hudson.model.AbstractProject.onLoad(AbstractProject.java:296) at hudson.matrix.MatrixProject.onLoad(MatrixProject.java:466) at hudson.model.Items.load(Items.java:115) at jenkins.model.Jenkins$17.run(Jenkins.java:2492) at org.jvnet.hudson.reactor.TaskGraphBuilder$TaskImpl.run(TaskGraphBuilder.java:146) at org.jvnet.hudson.reactor.Reactor.runTask(Reactor.java:259) at jenkins.model.Jenkins$7.runTask(Jenkins.java:878) at org.jvnet.hudson.reactor.Reactor$2.run(Reactor.java:187) at org.jvnet.hudson.reactor.Reactor$Node.run(Reactor.java:94) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Anyone know what the problem might be?

Cheers,
Tom.

Thomas Fields

Jul 2, 2012, 6:39:22 AM7/2/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I just spotted https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-14273. Please fix asap.

Matthew...@diamond.ac.uk

Jul 2, 2012, 6:42:30 AM7/2/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

What version did you upgrade from? Looking at the change log, there was a change relating to matrix projects in 1.472, but not 1.473.

Thomas Fields

Jul 2, 2012, 5:17:00 PM7/2/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I'm running Jenkins v1.472 now and it's working fine.

Noah Hoffman

Sep 19, 2012, 2:40:19 PM9/19/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

    I'm setting some environment variables in the Jenkins Master (Manage Jenkins > Configure System > Global Properties) but, using the parameterized build plugin, I'm setting up some new string variables and wanting to use these global vars as the default values but it doesn't seem to work.  Can anyone confirm that this is indeed a bug or there's a better/different way to achieve this goal?

Thanks,
Noah

Akiko Takano

Sep 20, 2012, 12:15:48 AM9/20/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

First, let me confirm is "parameterized build plugin" the same to
"parameterized trigger plugin" or not?
(https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Parameterized+Trigger+Plugin)

Please forgive me if I have misunderstanding.

Then, I can pass Global environment variables to other project which
triggered by Parameterized Trigger Plugin.

For example:
1. Set Global parameters: GLOBAL_VAR=hoo
2. Create some upstream job. (Job-A)
3. Create downstream job. (Job-B)
- This has a shell task like "echo ${PARAM_FOR_JOB-B}".

3. At the Job-A configuration, add post build task with using "Trigger
parametarized build other project"
4. Set Job-B as "Projects to build".
5. Use "Predefined parameters" as parametere to pass, and set like this:

PARAM_FOR_JOB-B=${GLOBAL_BAR}

How about?