Github authentication stopped working

lorewarden

Jun 13, 2012, 3:23:14 AM6/13/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I noticed that our Jenkins instance that is configured to use the Github plugin to manage authentication has suddenly stopped working. It seems the github login process fails, and the following url and exception is displayed:

/securityRealm/finishLogin?code=xxxxxxxxx

java.io.FileNotFoundException: https://github.com/api/v2/json/organizations?access_token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1434)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getInputStream(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:234)
	at org.kohsuke.github.GitHub.parse(GitHub.java:307)
	at org.kohsuke.github.GitHub._retrieve(GitHub.java:196)
	at org.kohsuke.github.GitHub.retrieveWithAuth(GitHub.java:185)
	at org.kohsuke.github.GitHub.retrieveWithAuth(GitHub.java:177)
	at org.kohsuke.github.GitHub.getMyOrganizations(GitHub.java:420)
	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.GithubAuthenticationToken.<init>(GithubAuthenticationToken.java:77)
	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.GithubSecurityRealm.doFinishLogin(GithubSecurityRealm.java:312)

Johno Crawford

Jun 13, 2012, 6:03:01 AM6/13/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
http://developer.github.com/
June 12, 2012 - Removed API v2 support

Github removed v2 API support yesterday, plugin will need to be updated
to support v3.. ouch.

Kevin Bond

Jun 13, 2012, 7:49:22 AM6/13/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com