Unable to launch Firefox24 using Jenkins

Aswini Rajasekaran

Oct 3, 2013, 7:13:27 AM10/3/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
 Hi,

I just upgraded the FF version in my build server to 24 and when Selenium RC tests are run, its not launching firefox, neither throwing an error.
I am able to launch firefox if i run it from the server and selenium tests are running.
Can anyone advise on this?
Is FF24 compatible with Jenkins?

Thanks,
Aswini

Aswini Rajasekaran

Oct 3, 2013, 7:17:11 AM10/3/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Ì am getting this error,

java.lang.RuntimeException: Timed out waiting for profile to be created!
	at org.openqa.selenium.server.browserlaunchers.FirefoxChromeLauncher.waitForFullProfileToBeCreated(FirefoxChromeLauncher.java:307)
	at org.openqa.selenium.server.browserlaunchers.FirefoxChromeLauncher.populateCustomProfileDirectory(FirefoxChromeLauncher.java:119)
	at org.openqa.selenium.server.browserlaunchers.FirefoxChromeLauncher.launch(FirefoxChromeLauncher.java:89)
	at org.openqa.selenium.server.browserlaunchers.FirefoxChromeLauncher.launchHTMLSuite(FirefoxChromeLauncher.java:339)
	at org.openqa.selenium.server.browserlaunchers.FirefoxLauncher.launchHTMLSuite(FirefoxLauncher.java:110)
	at org.openqa.selenium.server.htmlrunner.HTMLLauncher.runHTMLSuite(HTMLLauncher.java:145)
	at org.openqa.selenium.server.htmlrunner.HTMLLauncher.runHTMLSuite(HTMLLauncher.java:196)
	at org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumServer.runHtmlSuite(SeleniumServer.java:610)
	at org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumServer.boot(SeleniumServer.java:285)
	at org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumServer.main(SeleniumServer.java:243)
	at org.openqa.grid.selenium.GridLauncher.main(GridLauncher.java:54)

Thanks,
Aswini

Mark Waite

Oct 3, 2013, 8:35:55 AM10/3/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I wonder if Firefox is starting, but then is prompting the user to answer some question (first time install type question).  Have you run Firefox 24 at least once in that context before attempting to launch it from Jenkins?

Aswini Rajasekaran

Oct 3, 2013, 8:37:56 AM10/3/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,
I tried launching it directly from the server and then ran the jobs on Jenkins. But this didn't help.
I have reverted the FF version to 17.0.8 and now it works fine from Jenkins.