Invalid email address since 1.440

Daniel Becroft

Nov 28, 2011, 12:48:16 AM11/28/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

We've recently upgraded to 1.440, and have noticed some strange behaviour w.r.t. emails. Emails are attempting to be sent to
$PROJECT_DEFAULT_RECIPIENTS (console extract below).

It works fine for new jobs, but existing ones still fail.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Daniel B.

Sending email for trigger: Success
Sending email to: f...@domain.com.au b...@domain.com.au oo...@domain.com.au qwe...@domain.com.au $PROJECT_DEFAULT_RECIPIENTS
ERROR: Could not send email as a part of the post-build publishers.
javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses;
  nested exception is:
    com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 550 5.1.1 User unknown

    at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.rcptTo(SMTPTransport.java:1196)
    at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:584)
    at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:169)
    at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:98)
    at hudson.plugins.emailext.ExtendedEmailPublisher.sendMail(ExtendedEmailPublisher.java:259)
    at hudson.plugins.emailext.ExtendedEmailPublisher._perform(ExtendedEmailPublisher.java:243)
    at hudson.plugins.emailext.ExtendedEmailPublisher.perform(ExtendedEmailPublisher.java:203)
    at hudson.tasks.BuildStepMonitor$3.perform(BuildStepMonitor.java:36)
    at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.perform(AbstractBuild.java:692)
    at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.performAllBuildSteps(AbstractBuild.java:667)
    at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.performAllBuildSteps(AbstractBuild.java:645)
    at hudson.model.Build$RunnerImpl.cleanUp(Build.java:171)
    at hudson.model.Run.run(Run.java:1448)
    at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:46)
    at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:88)
    at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:230)
Caused by: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 550 5.1.1 User unknown

    at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.rcptTo(SMTPTransport.java:1047)
    ... 15 more
Finished: SUCCESS

---
Daniel Becroft

Matthew...@diamond.ac.uk

Nov 28, 2011, 4:35:43 AM11/28/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

This is a problem with the ext-email plugin (nothing to do with 1.440). I think the problem was introduced in 2.16, try downgrading to 2.15. There was quite a lot of traffic about this on the list around Wed 9/Nov, so take a look at that, plus at https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-11061

Matthew

Alexis Morelle

Nov 28, 2011, 4:42:10 AM11/28/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I confirm that too. Only thing to do with jobs that existed before your update of the plugin is to remove your email ext configuration, save and add the configuration again.

Alexis.

Slide

Nov 28, 2011, 8:23:42 AM11/28/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

There was some problems with the version of email-ext released. I posted a script for removing that from all the triggers if you want to look in the archives.

Daniel Becroft

Nov 29, 2011, 6:55:48 PM11/29/11
On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 11:23 PM, Slide <slide...@gmail.com> wrote:

There was some problems with the version of email-ext released. I posted a script for removing that from all the triggers if you want to look in the archives.

Thanks. I've run the script (with some modifications) and the issue has been resolved.

Apologies for not searching before posting.

Cheers,
Daniel B.