已查看 213 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Jörg Steffen

未读,
2015年8月10日 04:06:132015/8/10
收件人 Jenkins Users
Hi all,

we are using Jenkins
1.624 together with the Credentials plugin 1.22 and have set the security realm to
Jenkins’ own user database. According to the documentation of the Credentials plugin, a user can add personal credentials via "Users"/ your username / "Configure". This works fine, but the credentials entered are not available when creating a new job. In the "Source Code Management" section, neither for Subversion nor Git the personal credentials can be selected. Only credentials that have been set "globally" are available.

Is there any way to make the personal credentials available?

Best regards,
Jörg

Cyrille Le Clerc

未读,
2017年7月19日 07:09:312017/7/19
收件人 Jenkins Users

Stephen Connolly

未读,
2017年7月19日 07:42:312017/7/19
收件人 jenkins...@googlegroups.com
You want the https://plugins.jenkins.io/authorize-project plugin... then you can configure the job to run as the user... and because the default authentication of the job will then be that of the user they get the credentials from the per-user store:
Inline images 1

There is a lot of misunderstanding of how credentials are intended to be used by plugins and by users. I am currently attempting to document the design in https://github.com/jenkinsci/credentials-plugin/tree/master/docs

Stephen Connolly

未读,
2017年7月19日 07:51:332017/7/19
On 19 July 2017 at 04:41, Stephen Connolly <stephen.al...@gmail.com> wrote:
You want the https://plugins.jenkins.io/authorize-project plugin... then you can configure the job to run as the user... and because the default authentication of the job will then be that of the user they get the credentials from the per-user store:

There is a lot of misunderstanding of how credentials are intended to be used by plugins and by users. I am currently attempting to document the design in https://github.com/jenkinsci/credentials-plugin/tree/master/docs

Due to the misunderstanding of how to use credentials, a lot of plugin authors have not actually integrated the credentials selection stuff the intended way and you will see this as the credentials available not being aligned with the actual credentials available... so if we look at the subversion plugin, for example, it is not respecting Tasks.getAuthenticationOf(), so you see the wrong credentials in the drop-down:

Inline images 1

Now I'm not blaming the plugin authors, the reality is that I have been begging my paymasters to give me a window of time to document the user, consumer and implementation guides for 5 years... I got that window on Friday... ;-)

回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子