Failed jobs: cannot assign instance of hudson.model.StreamBuildListener to field hudson.scm.SubversionSCM$CheckOutTask.listener

Tomhe

Mar 15, 2011, 10:00:43 AM3/15/11
to Jenkins Users
Recently many of my jobs fail with the following error directly after
they are started:

Building remotely on MKS Executor 1
FATAL: cannot assign instance of hudson.model.StreamBuildListener to
field hudson.scm.SubversionSCM$CheckOutTask.listener of type
hudson.model.TaskListener in instance of hudson.scm.SubversionSCM
$CheckOutTask
java.lang.ClassCastException: cannot assign instance of
hudson.model.StreamBuildListener to field hudson.scm.SubversionSCM
$CheckOutTask.listener of type hudson.model.TaskListener in instance
of hudson.scm.SubversionSCM$CheckOutTask
at java.io.ObjectStreamClass$FieldReflector.setObjFieldValues(Unknown
Source)
at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.setObjFieldValues(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadFields(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadFields(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(Unknown Source)
at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.deserialize(UserRequest.java:178)
at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:98)
at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:48)
at hudson.remoting.Request$2.run(Request.java:270)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown
Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown
Source)
at hudson.remoting.Engine$1$1.run(Engine.java:58)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I'm running Jenkins 1.401. Restarting the master and slave solves the
problem temporarily, but after a couple of builds the same error
occurs again.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this problem?

Tomhe

Mar 17, 2011, 2:24:08 AM3/17/11
to Jenkins Users
Can I enable any logging to pinpoint the problem? I really need to
resolve this.

Yves Schumann

Mar 17, 2011, 3:24:52 AM3/17/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi

jenkins...@googlegroups.com wrote on 17.03.2011 07:24:08:

> Tomhe
> to:
> Jenkins Users
> 17.03.2011 07:24

> Can I enable any logging to pinpoint the problem? I really need to
> resolve this.

Looks similar to my problem, see thread "ClassCastException during POM
parsing". I need to solve this too! So how can we help?

Kind regards,

Yves Schumann
R&D IT-Koordinator
Security Communication
______________________________
Ascom (Schweiz) AG

David Karlsen

Mar 17, 2011, 10:22:21 AM3/17/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Is it on a slave? Slaves get out of sync with masternode's libraries. Disconnect and connect them to force a new download of libraries.

2011/3/17 Tomhe <tom...@gmail.com>

Can I enable any logging to pinpoint the problem? I really need to
resolve this.

David J. M. Karlsen - http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidkarlsen

Tomhe

Mar 18, 2011, 3:00:01 AM3/18/11
to Jenkins Users
> Is it on a slave? Slaves get out of sync with masternode's libraries.

Yes, the jobs that fail this way all execute on slaves.

> Disconnect and connect them to force a new download of libraries.

I usually restart the Windows slave service to get the failed jobs
running again, but I don't know if that forces a new download of
libraries. At least the slave.jar files on the slaves were many months
old, so I replaced it on all slaves with a current one now. I'm not
sure if that will help anything though.