E-mail Notification issue in genkins

krishna prasad

Mar 26, 2017, 8:43:05 AM3/26/17
to Jenkins Users
Dear Group Members,

We have jenkins and the issue is E-mail Notification is not working for us.  We are getting below error while I click on "Test" button. Kindly help me to resolve the issue.

javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: ourdomain.net, port: 465;
  nested exception is:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:1934)
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java:638)

I have installed on iredmail on different server on locally and emails are working fine with SSL. Jenkins is installed on different server. I have configured the smtp settings of my local server in jenkins. Kindly help me to resolve this.

Note: 1. I am able to telnet to port 465 from jenkins server to mailserver
         2. I have configured the SMTP with ssl on thunderbird and able to send the mail with ssl fine. But from jenkins smtp not working.
         3. If I configure the gmail setting genkins notification working fine.
         4. We have installed certbot SSl for our email server.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Krishnaprasad PB

krishna prasad

Mar 26, 2017, 8:44:31 AM3/26/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Jason Pyeron

Mar 26, 2017, 8:51:30 AM3/26/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

It is likely that your trust store does not have the needed certificates.

A less likely error is that your JVM does not have the ability to negotiate the TLS connection (ciphers, version, etc.)

Test with https://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/tools/SSLTest.java using the SAME JVM as jenkins.

> at
> com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:1934)
> at
> com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.
> java:638)
>

> I have installed on iredmail on different server on locally
> and emails are working fine with SSL. Jenkins is installed on
> different server. I have configured the smtp settings of my
> local server in jenkins. Kindly help me to resolve this.
>
> Note: 1. I am able to telnet to port 465 from jenkins server
> to mailserver
> 2. I have configured the SMTP with ssl on
> thunderbird and able to send the mail with ssl fine. But from
> jenkins smtp not working.
> 3. If I configure the gmail setting genkins
> notification working fine.
> 4. We have installed certbot SSl for our email server.

- -
- Jason Pyeron PD Inc. http://www.pdinc.us -
- Principal Consultant 10 West 24th Street #100 -
- +1 (443) 269-1555 x333 Baltimore, Maryland 21218 -
- -

krishna prasad

Mar 26, 2017, 12:32:50 PM3/26/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jason,

Please let me know how can I test this. Please let me know steps for testing.

Regards,
Krishnaprasad PB

krishna prasad

Mar 30, 2017, 4:41:41 AM3/30/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Dear Members,

From jenkins notification working fine for gmail settings done. But if I done my internal email server configuration email get refuse as shown in the error log which I have sent erlier. Please help me to resolve this.

Regards,
Krishnaprasad PB

Jason Pyeron

Mar 30, 2017, 9:27:54 AM3/30/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Please have your mail admin send you the certificate and tls settings, post those.
43AC8CB018B678BAD498%40black7 > <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/70A1A25ADB4
043AC8CB018B678BAD498%40black7> .

> For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout> .
>

> --
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Krishnaprasad PB
>

> --
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Krishnaprasad PB
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAKxiZ8B%2Ba
v0A%3DtLaQ6dhTWSH62eYjJytyBEh3oGpWSc%3Dp96K0w%40mail.gmail.com > <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAKxiZ8B%2B
av0A%3DtLaQ6dhTWSH62eYjJytyBEh3oGpWSc%3Dp96K0w%40mail.gmail.com?> utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> .

krishna prasad

Mar 30, 2017, 2:29:30 PM3/30/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
certificate is certbot which is freely available ssl certificate. actually mail server is working fine with ssl. But note that this we use only inside our network.

Certificate Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/domain.net/fullchain.pem
Private Key Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/domain.net/privkey.pem

please let me know which tls setting

> <mailto:jenkinsci-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com> .
>               To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/70A1A25ADB40
43AC8CB018B678BAD498%40black7 > <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/70A1A25ADB4
043AC8CB018B678BAD498%40black7
> .
>
>               For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout> .
>

>       --
>
>       Thanks and Regards,
>
>       Krishnaprasad PB
>

> --
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Krishnaprasad PB
>

> --

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAKxiZ8B%2Ba
v0A%3DtLaQ6dhTWSH62eYjJytyBEh3oGpWSc%3Dp96K0w%40mail.gmail.com > <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAKxiZ8B%2B
av0A%3DtLaQ6dhTWSH62eYjJytyBEh3oGpWSc%3Dp96K0w%40mail.gmail.com?> utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> .

Jason Pyeron

Mar 30, 2017, 2:35:42 PM3/30/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Add those certificates to your truststore.

4071948FE6225A356F6F%40black7 > <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/1E762DAD8DC
D4071948FE6225A356F6F%40black7> .

> For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout> .
>

> --
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Krishnaprasad PB
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAKxiZ8DW1cg
E6fiKPX_Zm9ZoUtnX6_cVgRbJiz2x%3Dpx7Jux_8A%40mail.gmail.com > <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAKxiZ8DW1c
gE6fiKPX_Zm9ZoUtnX6_cVgRbJiz2x%3Dpx7Jux_8A%40mail.gmail.com?> utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> .

krishna prasad

Apr 3, 2017, 1:23:17 AM4/3/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
thank you very much. done same and its working fine.