Redeploy from Hudson to Jenkins with classnotfound exception

Josch

May 9, 2011, 5:27:03 AM5/9/11
to Jenkins Users
Hi!

I use a GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.0.1 (build 22). I've
redeployed the current jenkins ci over an old hudson version.

But the login screen shows only this exception:

Jenkins

Fehler:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/kohsuke/graph_layouter/Navigator
at hudson.model.Hudson.(Hudson.java:566)
at hudson.model.Hudson.(Hudson.java:541)
at hudson.WebAppMain$2.run(WebAppMain.java:222)
org.kohsuke.graph_layouter.Navigator
at
org.glassfish.web.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:
1496)
... 3 more

tia & br, josh.

Josch

May 9, 2011, 5:54:53 AM5/9/11
to Jenkins Users
Hi!

Ok, I've completely undeployed the hudson and deployed the jenkins ci.
It works and I can login. But the most of my projects are invisible. I
get this exception for each of my maven2 projects:

SCHWERWIEGEND: Failed Loading job s3v4
com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.CannotResolveClassException: maven2-
moduleset : maven2-moduleset
at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.DefaultMapper.realClass(DefaultMapper.java:
68)
at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:
38)
at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.DynamicProxyMapper.realClass(DynamicProxyMapper.java:
71)
at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:
38)
at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.PackageAliasingMapper.realClass(PackageAliasingMapper.java:
88)
at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:
38)
at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.ClassAliasingMapper.realClass(ClassAliasingMapper.java:
86)
[...]
com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.ArrayMapper.realClass(ArrayMapper.java:
96)
[...]
at hudson.util.XStream2$CompatibilityMapper.realClass(XStream2.java:
142)
at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:
38)
at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:
38)
at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.CachingMapper.realClass(CachingMapper.java:
56)
at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.util.HierarchicalStreams.readClassType(HierarchicalStreams.java:
29)
at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.start(TreeUnmarshaller.java:
136)
at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.unmarshal(AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.java:
33)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:926)
at hudson.util.XStream2.unmarshal(XStream2.java:80)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:912)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:856)
at hudson.XmlFile.read(XmlFile.java:126)
at hudson.model.Items.load(Items.java:113)
at hudson.model.Hudson$13.run(Hudson.java:2354)
at org.jvnet.hudson.reactor.TaskGraphBuilder
$TaskImpl.run(TaskGraphBuilder.java:146)
at org.jvnet.hudson.reactor.Reactor.runTask(Reactor.java:259)
at hudson.model.Hudson$4.runTask(Hudson.java:735)
at org.jvnet.hudson.reactor.Reactor$2.run(Reactor.java:187)
at org.jvnet.hudson.reactor.Reactor$Node.run(Reactor.java:94)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I need to install a special Maven 2 Plugin?

br, josh

Jesse Farinacci

May 9, 2011, 6:02:33 AM5/9/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 5:54 AM, Josch <ARit...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Ok, I've completely undeployed the hudson and deployed the jenkins ci.
> It works and I can login. But the most of my projects are invisible.

Try updating your plugins, then restart.

-Jesse

Neil Tingley

May 10, 2011, 1:15:23 AM5/10/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Your maven 2/3 plugin is probably out of date. Upgrade to the latest.

Josch

May 11, 2011, 8:43:08 AM5/11/11
to Jenkins Users
Hi Jesse!

On May 9, 12:02 pm, Jesse Farinacci <jie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 5:54 AM,Josch<ARitt...@gmx.net> wrote:
> > Ok, I've completely undeployed the hudson and deployed the jenkins ci.
> > It works and I can login. But the most of my projects are invisible.
>
> Try updating your plugins, then restart.
>
> -Jesse

More than that ;)

After two years a "never touch a running system" it was a bigger
update session:

Glassfish 3 to 3.1,
Artifactory 2.1->2.3.x,
Hudson to #Jenkins,
new JDK (with jenkins auto install),
Maven2 -> Maven3 (with jenkins auto install),

Plugin updates and many restarts.

Now the CI prod server back alive.

br, josh.

Jesse Farinacci

May 11, 2011, 9:54:49 AM5/11/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 8:43 AM, Josch <ARit...@gmx.net> wrote:

> After two years a "never touch a running system" it was a bigger
> update session:
>
> Glassfish 3 to 3.1,
> Artifactory 2.1->2.3.x,
> Hudson to  #Jenkins,
> new JDK (with jenkins auto install),
> Maven2 -> Maven3 (with jenkins auto install),

That's a lot of moving targets, but it sounds fun!

> Plugin updates and many restarts.
> Now the CI prod server back alive.

Aside from the many restarts required, I'm glad to hear it.
Congratulations, your users thank you.

Messmer, Jason

May 11, 2011, 12:02:43 PM5/11/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I did a similar upgrade just recently too in Linux land...

If it helps anyone...

1. Upgraded glassfish from 3 to 3.1 (side-by-side upgrade)
- stopped the domains on glassfish 3 and created the domains on 3.1
- redeployed applications to 3.1 domains

2. Updated the user environment who will run Jenkins
- changed HUDSON_HOME to JENKINS_HOME and where to point to
- changed HUDSON_URL to JENKSIN_URL and where to point to

3. Deployed the jenkins war file to the jenkins domain
- At first, I deployed the hudson.war file and then updated using jenksins.war by renaming the file to hudson.war
but this wasn't a clean solution for me because I didn't want someone else or me to keep on renaming the war file
to take an upgrade. So the context path is now /jenkins instead of /hudson w/jenkins software.

4. Fixed any configuration (Configure System) within Jenkins that referenced hudson to be jenkins
- Example: Jenkins URL and Jenkins URL within email ext

5. Upgraded the plug-ins and restarted the jenkins domain. I first uninstalled any plug-ins that I don't use completely (removing
any disabled plug-ins directory within the $JENKINS_HOME/plugins directory. Having too many plug-ins disabled or not is
overwhelming for someone when managing (when to upgrade a plug-in) your plug-ins.

5. There wasn't really a smooth way in Glassfish to do a redirect for users who have /hudson saved in there
Bookmarks without creating a web app with a context path of /hudson. So I create a web app called hudsonRedirectToJenkins with
a context path of /hudson to redirect to /jenkins. I think I might go towards apache...

Jay