NullPointerException after 1.504 -> 1.510 Upgrade

Andreas Jung

May 6, 2013, 5:05:52 AM5/6/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I am receiving the following error in the login screen after upgrading
from 1.504 to 1.510...how to proceed?

Andreas

Ulli Hafner

May 6, 2013, 5:34:16 AM5/6/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Please create an issue in the issue tracker.

Ulli

filtered

May 7, 2013, 1:22:52 AM5/7/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I did:

Is there any chance to revert somehow? Downgrading to 1.504 gives me the same error now.

Andreas

Ulli Hafner

May 7, 2013, 5:38:18 AM5/7/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, is the component correctly set in Jira, it is accurev? The actual plugin seems to be hudson.plugins.global_build_stats.GlobalBuildStatsPlugin
Did you downgrade that plug-in?

Ulli

filtered

May 7, 2013, 7:52:46 AM5/7/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I have no idea which component causes the problem. The selected component is the first found in the component list.
The component list contains tons of entries and how should I know which one to choose? The compontent field
in the bug tracker should be optional.

-aj

Slide

May 7, 2013, 7:55:27 AM5/7/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
If you don't select a component, the person who is most likely to be able to help, will probably miss the bug. Since there are so many developers developing plugins and so forth on Jenkins, selecting the component can really help get the issue resolved faster.

filtered

May 7, 2013, 8:03:31 AM5/7/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Wha do you want to tell me? I reported a migration issue of the Jenkins core...so what module should I select? Should I dig through a list of a hundred
components without having knowledge about the internals of Jenkins?

-aj

Slide

May 7, 2013, 8:16:40 AM5/7/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
If its Jenkins core, then you could select "core" as the component.