Jenkins Kerberos SSO Plugin - User not registered

Jan Ciupka

Jul 2, 2015, 9:35:35 AM7/2/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Hello Everybody,

I struggle to set up the Kerberos SSO plugin correctly. I proceed as described in the guide above but every time I try to connect to jenkins using Kerberos SSO it fails and I am at the login prompt. In the output messages of my jenkins I see serveral messages of the type

com.sonymobile.jenkins.plugins.kerberossso.KerberosSSOFilter doFilter

WARNING: Username <MyTestUser> not registered by Jenkins

However I can log in with the very same credentials ( of the Active Directory user MyTestUser) via the Jenkins login prompt. I am at a loss why the plugin filters out my user for SSO.

The rest of the setup seems OK, when I start Jenkins I see the message "Will use keytab. [Krb5LoginModule] authentication succeeded. Commit succeeded." Also, after the clients attempt to connect to Jenkins via SSO it has a Kerberos  ticket for the HTTP/... service in its credentials cache. So the browser setup seems ok (I use Firefox). So the only problem seems the filtering of the plugin.

Maybe someone has an idea.

best wishes