Having Jenkins update itself from 2.52 to 2.62 fails, saying it needs Java7

Jeremy Morton

May 24, 2017, 2:39:39 PM5/24/17
to Jenkins Users
Jenkins requires Java7 or later, but you are running 1.7.0_25-b17 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\jre

It looks like Jenkins now requires Java8, but the error message is still behind? How do I update Jenkins' Java version, since it only updates the .war file?

Thanks,
Jeremy

James Nord

May 25, 2017, 3:38:43 AM5/25/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Given you installed from the msi I would upgrade from the msi (running the new msi should upgrade everything. Test first!)