Password problems with Jenkins slave on windows

rintcius

Jul 6, 2011, 12:30:37 PM7/6/11
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

I am trying to launch a Jenkins slave and I am getting basically the
same error as described here:
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Windows+slaves+fail+to+start+via+JNLP

However, in my case the reason is different than the 2 described over
there.
In my case the password that was provided before has become outdated.

I have a couple of questions related to this:
1) I am trying to remove the password that I entered via the JNLP app
so I get the chance to re-enter it. How can I do that?
2) From the error logs it looks like Jenkins retries a couple of times
(see stacktrace below and the message "Waiting 10 seconds before
retry"). I would like to change this because it locks my user account.
Is it correct that Jenkins retries and if so is it possible to change
this?

Thanks for any advice,
Rintcius

Failing to obtain http://<URL-TO>/slave-agent.jnlp
at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(Unknown
Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(Unknown
Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(Unknown
Source)
at hudson.remoting.Launcher.parseJnlpArguments(Launcher.java:223)
at hudson.remoting.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:191)
at hudson.remoting.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:167)
Waiting 10 seconds before retry

Richard Bywater

Jul 6, 2011, 3:32:40 PM7/6/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
My best advise would be to have the slave account set to not have
password expiry. I've never had much luck running windows services
with accounts that have password change policies applied...

Also I believe on the slave config screen there is a setting on how
you want Jenkins to handle the slave (can't remember what it's called
off the top of my head - something about keeping slave on all the
time...)

Hope that helps
Richard.

rintcius

Jul 7, 2011, 2:44:50 PM7/7/11
to Jenkins Users
Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I have no control over the
password expiry policies.
Also, the slaves are getting rebooted every now and then - another
thing I cannot control.

Does anyone know where the JNLP app stores its password, so I can
remove it?

Rintcius