PowerShell (plugin) and Windows Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) Cmdlets -Anyone successful?

Ioannis Moutsatsos

Nov 16, 2017, 5:35:15 PM11/16/17
to Jenkins Users
One of the most powerful features of PowerShell is the ability to handle big data copies/transfers/downloads using the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) Cmdlets
From the PoweShell console this is extremely fast compared toa ll other copy operations across the network

However, I have not been able to use BITS with the Jenkins PowerShell plugin.

No matter how many tricks I dug up from Google searches I always seem to be running into an issue like

Start-BitsTransfer : The operation being requested was not performed because the user has not logged on to the network. The specified service does not exist.
(Exception from HRESULT: 0x800704DD)

My Jenkins is running under an account that can access remote shares, but when these paths are used as Source paths to Start-BitsTransfer they error as shown.

Has anyone used this PowerShell command successfully to copy/transfer files using Jenkins?

Thanks for any feedback!
Ioannis