Perforce connection errors

rsolb

Feb 7, 2011, 11:57:09 AM2/7/11
to Jenkins Users
We're running into a lot of errors with Perforce using the 1.1.14
Perforce plug-in with Hudson 1.395 running on OS X 10.6. This occurs
for different jobs at different times. Some nights the builds succeed,
and others generate errors like the following. I looked at the
changelist that failed - it consisted of one file with a short
description. I've seen similar error reports but wasn't sure this was
the same issue.

Caught exception communicating with perforce. Failed to retrieve
changelist 40570com.tek42.perforce.PerforceException: Failed to
retrieve changelist 40570
at com.tek42.perforce.parse.Changes.getChangelist(Changes.java:65)
at
com.tek42.perforce.parse.Changes.getChangelistsFromNumbers(Changes.java:
389)
at hudson.plugins.perforce.PerforceSCM.checkout(PerforceSCM.java:566)
at hudson.model.AbstractProject.checkout(AbstractProject.java:1171)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild
$AbstractRunner.checkout(AbstractBuild.java:499)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.run(AbstractBuild.java:
415)
at hudson.model.Run.run(Run.java:1362)
at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:46)
at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:
88)
at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:145)
ERROR: Unable to communicate with perforce. Failed to retrieve
changelist 40570

Gareth Bowles

Feb 7, 2011, 12:42:35 PM2/7/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
We're having a lot of problems with this as well; it's logged at
http://issues.hudson-ci.org/browse/HUDSON-7664 and I believe the Hudson
core developers are looking into the underlying issue.

Gareth