AST Transformations in Jenkins PIpeline code

Eric Helvey

Jun 19, 2018, 3:53:25 PM6/19/18
to Jenkins Users
Hello, all...

I've been asked to take our internal pipeline and collect some metrics for each step that gets executed.  I was asked to explore doing the metrics collection using an AST transformation because we've already built a large number of custom steps and the overhead of manually adding the collection code to each step was rather high.

I've seen some Jenkins tickets like this one (https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-40564) that kind of indicate that AST transformations in pipeline code is not supported, but I can't find a definitive answer one way or the other.

Has anyone here tried to modify pipeline code using AST transformations?  Has it worked?  Am I wasting my time exploring this option?

Thanks!

Eric